Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by allandale

Would you delete this as 5PAM?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sam Stones23/05/2018 23:12:53
503 forum posts
147 photos

What do you do when you receive an email saying …

New Private Message Received From Model Engineer

noreply(at)model-engineer.co.uk

You have a new message waiting, subject xxxx

Go to message centre to view

(?)

I've sent two or three PMs in recent times, and they have remained in my sent box as 'Unread'. I therefore presume they are deleted from the recipients mailbox.

Any other members experiencing this?

Regards,

Sam

Emgee23/05/2018 23:25:02
785 forum posts
170 photos

I Delete the email preferring not to use links in emails and visit my ME Forum PM inbox if highlighted.

Emgee

Bazyle23/05/2018 23:32:21
3912 forum posts
166 photos

I've never received an email notification like that but it might be some special option I haven't ticked. As to messages being read I often don't notice the icon for days, some might not know what it means.

One of the key things with these items is not to click on the provided link. Go to the forum messages by the normal route and see if you have a message. No reputable company or system nowadays should be sending unsolicited messages with built in links but just sending details of how to navigate to the required destination using the menus,

not done it yet24/05/2018 07:24:37
1801 forum posts
11 photos
Posted by Bazyle on 23/05/2018 23:32:21:

I've never received an email notification like that but it might be some special option I haven't ticked. As to messages being read I often don't notice the icon for days, some might not know what it means.

It is something you’ve missed.smiley

A simple way to not need to check for new messages by that tiny blinking thing at the top of the page!

I never click on email links unless I am sure it is not a scam..... banks, tax man, police, epay,paypal, any that might be dodgy - they all get binned.

Edited By not done it yet on 24/05/2018 07:29:40

JasonB24/05/2018 07:30:54
12676 forum posts
1147 photos

I get e-mail notification of any PM sent to me, depends if you have selected to be notified or not

How did you fill in the recent data protection e-mail from ME and MEW, if you altered something on there about notifications that may explain why you are just starting to see these on your e-mail

Unread ones will stay marked as unread in your sent box until read or you delete them.

SillyOldDuffer24/05/2018 10:11:40
2794 forum posts
563 photos

It's easy enough to miss PM requests despite various alerts that are obvious when you know what to look for!

newpm.jpg

I tend to go straight to 'Latest Forum Posts' without noticing whatever the top of the page is trying to tell me. The email reminder makes it much less likely I'll miss a PM.

Dave

Sam Stones24/05/2018 22:39:54
503 forum posts
147 photos

Gentlemen,

Thanks for all your replies.

I was prompted to start this thread because … in eight years (from when I was getting help with my skeleton clock), and after more than a hundred PM interchanges, only recently have messages remained as ‘unread’.

I’m guessing we are becoming more sensitive to, and less tolerant of - unsolicited mail.

One solution I'll use next time will be to remind posters via the particular thread.

Thanks again.

Sam

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Engineering? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Expo Tools July 14
Eccentric Engineering
Ausee.com.au
SPG Tools October Seventeen
Sarik
Allendale Electronics
Warco
emcomachinetools
Shapiro
ChesterUK
TRANSWAVE Converters
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Model Engineer
Exhibition website

Model Engineer Exhibition