Repairing a Verdict Dial Test Indicator

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Michael Gilligan04/05/2018 17:02:25
20183 forum posts
1053 photos

Martin,

Here is the original patent, which you can view & download: **LINK**

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/originalDocument?CC=GB&NR=468243A&KC=A&FT=D&ND=3&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP

Admittedly the helix is shown as a formed wire [whereas yours is a machined groove] but the operating principle is illustrated and described quite well.

MichaelG.

Martin Dilly 205/05/2018 00:09:16
38 forum posts
4 photos

Michael,

Very many thanks for that; should keep me occupied for the next few days. From a quick read it looks as if mine is missing some sort of friction element to make the direction setting lever to stay where it's moved to.

No wonder patent agents charge a lot!

Martin

Rod Ashton21/09/2018 06:49:14
340 forum posts
12 photos

If anyone has had one repaired by Verdict? Could you give an example of the cost of repair please, Of course each case will be different . But any examples would be helpful. Probably to all interested parties here.

Martin King 221/09/2018 08:26:39
1005 forum posts
450 photos

Hi All,

As far as I am aware Verdict no longer support repairs to their older products. Happy to be proved wrong though!

I did try once and was turned away. I am also pretty sure that the cost would be prohibitive.

I have used MITUTOYO a couple of times to repair various instruments and they always provide a written quote before proceeding which one must approve. The quality of their work is excellent as to be expected but again not cheap. They also stock a fairly large range of smaller spare parts if you fancy a bit of DIY!

There is an amazing US guy who makes dial gauges and DTi's etc come back like new but the postage and sometimes customs charge usually make it prohibitive again though I am looking nto getting 20 or so done at once.

Cheers, Martin

mechman4821/09/2018 10:00:10
2947 forum posts
468 photos

Martin,

John 'Doubleboost' has a pal 'Bob' that revitalises / repairs DTI's, dial gauges, has over the past couple of weeks made some videos on repairing various DTI's as part of John's 'Sunday night nightcap' series on YouTube. Look on You Tube 'Doubleboost', latest video is # 243 iirc.

George.

Martin King 221/09/2018 15:18:17
1005 forum posts
450 photos

Many Thanks George, will give it a look see.

Martin

Clive Brown 121/09/2018 15:48:35
826 forum posts
41 photos

If my elderly Verdict, which has the formed wire helix, was sticking, I'd try a judicious squirt of very light lubricant before further dismantling.

clive

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Rapid RC
Eccentric Engineering
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
Dreweatts
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest