Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale July 23rd

M.E.S RT3 - rotary table kit

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Frances IoM22/04/2018 23:04:41
634 forum posts
24 photos
I bought this kit from a disposal sale - however no book of words were with the well matured metal which appeared to have been bought in 1992 and never started. There is one illustrated in a members gallery however from a PM it appears he was given an already built item - Model Engineering services appear to have ceased trading (or at least no longer active in kits) - does anyone have the plans and could let me have a copy please.
Michael Gilligan23/04/2018 20:28:35
13780 forum posts
599 photos

Frances,

Sorry, I can't help with drawings ... but I'm posting this link to a nice example of what I believe to be the RT3 version [i.e. with Myford nose fitting] in the hope of triggering some memories.

**LINK**

http://www.bristolmodelengineers.co.uk/gallery/tools/to9.htm

... I have a vague recollection that the machining was described in Model Engineer, long ago.

MichaelG.

Frances IoM23/04/2018 21:21:18
634 forum posts
24 photos
Michael: Many thanks - will look it up when next in SMEE library - the base is aluminium the 'table' is cast in a stepped manner, the 90 tooth gear wheel mounting on bottom? step - the centre is already bored to take a 2MT which means need high accuracy to ensure everything is centered and mounted in table but need to screw cut the mounting Myford nose - suspect not really intended for milling as unless very careful with rotation direction would unscrew what ever is mounted on nose - suspect designed for drilling faceplate or chuck mounted work; also acquired 3 early Hemingway kits H21,H22 + H23 again without any documentation, one seems to be ball cutting head, another a scribing device for scales - also got the base for the Blackgates casting for a Stent grinder - plans look to be available for this but costly so suspect another session in library as seems it is based on ME and early MEW articles - apparently John Stevenson of blessed memory sold in 1990s via his 1st wife's web site, a compendium CD of cutter grinder plans which had some discussion of this design
JasonB24/04/2018 07:00:32
15988 forum posts
1680 photos
1 articles

All I could find listed in ME was an indexing addition to the table.

I've recently seen someone selling CDs of cutter grinder paperwork may have been on homeworkshop although they could just have been old instruction manuals for commercial ones.

Michael Gilligan24/04/2018 07:19:56
13780 forum posts
599 photos
Posted by JasonB on 24/04/2018 07:00:32:

All I could find listed in ME was an indexing addition to the table.

Thanks for checking, Jason

It was a vague recollection ... It might be buried in a bigger article, or I might be mistaken.

MichaelG.

Ken Weeks11/08/2018 22:00:37
132 forum posts
36 photos

I found this might help

http://modelengineeringwebsite.com/Peter_Southworth.html

Howard Lewis11/08/2018 22:11:53
2207 forum posts
2 photos

F W I W,

The 2 MT taper can be used to centre the Rotary Table, in horizontal mode, under the spindle of the vertical Mill.

I bought a 2MT arbor with a MYford nose. It has been invaluable carrying work in a 4 jaw Myford type chuck, for turning work in my larger lathe, before transfer to the Mill/Drill with the HV6 with the table vertical, for cutting gears.

Howard

Kettrinboy13/08/2018 08:14:40
75 forum posts
39 photos

Ive found the drawing you need on the Dore Westbury yahoo group , I took a screenshot so I could download it to my album as a jpg file , so save this pic and then zoom in to see the details .

regards Geoff

<Edit> afraid I've had to remove this as I understand the MES deigns are likely to be sold commercially in the near future. Perhaps Geoff can help Frances out direct? - Neil

Edited By Neil Wyatt on 13/08/2018 09:24:55

Kettrinboy14/08/2018 08:06:05
75 forum posts
39 photos

Ok Neil I understand why you had to remove the pic ,instead Frances could join the yahoo Dore -Westbury group and can then download a pdf file of the rotary table directly from there.

regards Geoff

Michael Gilligan14/08/2018 09:06:22
13780 forum posts
599 photos

I will be interested to know if Frances succeeds in joining "dwmill' ... I have tried, and failed [using Safari, Firefox, and Chrome] on iOS and on elCapitan.

All attempts have produced a [red text] error message stating:

Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

MichaelG.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TRANSWAVE Converters
Eccentric July 5 2018
Advertise With Us
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
ChesterUK
Ausee.com.au
Meridienne Sept 2019
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest