By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Any idea what this connector is called

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ian Parkin08/03/2018 17:28:21
1017 forum posts
236 photos

Has anyone any idea what this connector is called or where to buy from?

Its on a fancy new battery charger i’d Like more ends to put on different vehicles


Edited By Ian Parkin on 08/03/2018 17:28:49

V8Eng08/03/2018 17:36:05
1696 forum posts
1 photos

I think they are usually called bullet connectors, available from: RS, Maplin, Halfords and a host of other suppliers.

Edited By V8Eng on 08/03/2018 17:38:58

Clive Brown 108/03/2018 17:36:16
807 forum posts
39 photos

Try googling twin bullet connector

Mike Poole08/03/2018 17:52:13
3306 forum posts
73 photos

I think that may be a proprietary connector, have a look at the Vehicle Wiring Products website, they have a wide range of vehicle stuff and you may find an alternative that may mean changing all of the connectors. Check their DIN connectors.


I.M. OUTAHERE08/03/2018 18:09:31
1468 forum posts
3 photos

Its called an SAE connector .

A twin bullet connector looks similar but is not the same .

Dave Daniels08/03/2018 18:15:29
83 forum posts

Looks somewhat like what I once knew as a 'CES QD' connector.

One ref. I found but you won't be interested ... smiley


Mike E.08/03/2018 18:19:37
217 forum posts
24 photos

Its a common connector used in the USA used for 12 volt wiring, such as for splicing in temporary light connections into a vehicle wiring harness when renting utility trailers.

Neil Wyatt08/03/2018 18:58:52
18992 forum posts
734 photos
80 articles

I've had a few of those on 12V equipment.


Andy Holdaway08/03/2018 19:01:15
167 forum posts
15 photos

Ian, plenty on Ebay if you search for SAE Connector like this.


peak408/03/2018 19:04:36
1675 forum posts
179 photos

This one is slightly more affordable, provided you don't mind waiting for delivery from China


or a bit dearer from the UK


On the other hand a pair of bullet connectors and some Aldi/Lidl epoxy putty to make the bodies.

Shame Bardwells closed really. crying

Ian Parkin09/03/2018 09:13:58
1017 forum posts
236 photos

Many thanks everyone

ces ordered from amazon at a reasonable price

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Rapid RC
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest