Forum sponsored by Allendale Dec 6th

20 degrees vs 14.5 degrees pressure angle for gears

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
JasonB06/12/2019 13:06:06
16885 forum posts
1816 photos
1 articles

If you did want to go the the expense of silver steel then 1m lengths are also a standard length just not from the usual ME suppliers, PGMS would be another option but a bit OTT

Like Andrew I went with bright bar though it took a couple of attempts to get a decent bit, first was bent and the second has quite a heavy spiral pattern down the outside more like you get on con cast bronze.

Stephen Meredith06/12/2019 13:30:20
7 forum posts
12 photos

Thank you both for the replies.

Looks like college supplies at a show, and get a good bit, and at least see it before buying.

Hopefully, some new old stock that's straight.

I think this engine's a big step up from my previous model this may not be my last question.

Jason can probably vouch for that as you have helped me a lot in the past building the Minnie,

I owe you many pints.

steve.

Martin Rock-Evans06/12/2019 18:28:32
10 forum posts
5 photos

I brought myself a 24" length of 1" precision ground EN1A from College Engineering Supply. I guess it is a little expensive, but on the other hand, in comparison to other parts it's not too much, and I knew it would fit well when the bearings were reamed. I didn't put bronze bushes into the hubs, so they are cast iron on the steel shaft, but I do have bronze bushes in the final drive tube, mostly because that was fairly easy to do with the castings I have from Bridport Foundry.

Stephen Meredith10/12/2019 20:22:13
7 forum posts
12 photos

Hello all.

Another small question on my 3" drawings the hole on top of the smokebox tube says 7/8 but the chimney base castings bore says 1"-7/8 is the hole on the smokebox wrong. Attached photo of the drawing if i can manage to do it. Should they both be 1 -7/8"

Stephen Meredith11/12/2019 13:39:25
7 forum posts
12 photos

Initially had trouble with the photo, finally found a way to post it the dimension I'm struggling with is the one marked in red, is this meant to be 1 - 7/8" not just 7/8" I know the drawing is to scale and it certainly bigger than 7/8" .

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric Engineering
Ausee.com.au
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Warco
cowells
Eccentric July 5 2018
ChesterUK
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest