Forum sponsored by Allendale Until July 27th

Myford Users - DRO Request

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Neil Wyatt11/09/2017 16:27:25
16066 forum posts
675 photos
73 articles

If anyone who has a S7 or ML7 is interested in the Machine-DRO no-drill DRO system, please email me at neil.wyatt@mytimemedia.com

I may be able to arrange a review.

Thanks

Neil

Neil Wyatt11/09/2017 21:34:38
16066 forum posts
675 photos
73 articles

A couple of users asking me 'what's it all about'?

I suggest clicking the machine DRO banner ad above this thread - if you can't see it, shame on you, switch your ad-blocker off

Neil

martin perman11/09/2017 21:36:42
1587 forum posts
66 photos

I dont own a Myford but even I didnt see the Ad until you pointed it out.

Martin P

Jon Cameron11/09/2017 22:07:20
221 forum posts
87 photos

That's more than I paid for my ML4 embarrassed

Looks good but I'll be just muggling through on a dial that's just over 1 thou per increment if my machines really lucky it may get a modified vernier attachment, if she behaves that is! wink

Robert Butler11/09/2017 22:11:33
75 forum posts
1 photos

I purchased and fitted one following last years Midland Model Engineers Exhibition. Easy to fit - no drilling - follow instructions - job done.

Two issues - cannot use Myford taper turning attachment or Myford Multi Stop - reader attaches to the mounting points on the rear of the bed.

peak411/09/2017 22:33:16
747 forum posts
65 photos

I've got one of the original ones which came unfitted to my Warco Super 7 clone when I bought it.

Still new in box as I've not had time to fit it due to a house move and new workshop build.

Has anyone on here fitted one to their lathe?
Just thinking out loud at the moment and wondering if they are compatible with the new fitting kit?

Bill

Curtis Rutter12/09/2017 06:01:04
127 forum posts
13 photos

i hope they revised the instructions, i had one of the first ones made up for an ML7 around march, the instructions were next to useless as they were designed for the super 7, had to get assistance from one of their engineers and even he said he couldnt understand their instructions but fortunately he had the knowledge to fit it without the instructions.

Edited By Curtis Rutter on 12/09/2017 06:02:02

Hillclimber12/09/2017 12:17:34
138 forum posts
36 photos
Posted by Robert Butler on 11/09/2017 22:11:33:

Two issues - cannot use Myford taper turning attachment or Myford Multi Stop - reader attaches to the mounting points on the rear of the bed.

Robert, I also wondered if it obstructed access to the rear of the t-slots on the cross-slide? And similarly made access to the locking bolt difficult? In other words, got in the way...

Any chance of a photo of your cross-slide installation?

Cheers, Colin

Robert Butler12/09/2017 22:56:13
75 forum posts
1 photos

Does not affect the cross slide locking facility but affects the t-slots on the tailstock side of the cross slide. But that may or may not be a problem???

Robert Butler12/09/2017 22:59:53
75 forum posts
1 photos

Does not affect the cross slide locking facility but affects the t-slots on the tailstock side of the cross slide. But that may or may not be a problem???

Neil Wyatt14/09/2017 20:24:33
16066 forum posts
675 photos
73 articles

Thanks to everyone who has got in touch, I will be in contact tomorrow (Friday).

Thanks

Neil

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
TRANSWAVE Converters
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric July 5 2018
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Sarik
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest