By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Warco Rotary Table - Can anybody give feedback please?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
ega25/09/2020 14:52:23
1812 forum posts
153 photos

MichaelG:

Thank you for your trouble, this is indeed what I had in mind save that it was Vertex not Soba.

Some good advice in the thread concerned although it would take some patience to cut one tooth and do a dummy 360 deg run on a gear with a lot of teeth (might save some gnashing, of course!).

Howard Lewis26/09/2020 19:40:50
3615 forum posts
2 photos

The Vertex HV6 used to be supplied under a number of different marques. The one supplied by Myford looked just like mine, with a Myford badge instead of Vertex.

The spreadsheet was made up to cover the errors and omissions in the Vertex HV6, with a 90:1 ratio.

The HV 6 chart could be used to check that supplied with any other 90:1 ratio table, as long as the Division Plates are the same, in terms of numbers of holes.

If your table has a ratio other than 90:1, amending one of the formulae from 90 to the ratio of your table should result in a set of readings for yours.

I am not a mathematical genius, far from it, so it should be easy for anyone else, as long as you can use EXCEL.

Howard

not done it yet26/09/2020 21:41:56
5024 forum posts
20 photos

I’m mildly amused that most seem to rely on tables. Once a circle on the plate has been selected (it must be a factor of the tooth count required) the total number of spaces in the 90, or any other number of, turns is a simple calculation - followed by dividing by the result by the tooth count of the gear required, to find how many holes need to be moved per tooth.

I always sort out my own rounds and spaces by calculation, as it is more reliable than relying on someone else's table.🙂 OK, I often just work out full and part turns separately, without the aid of a calculator, but the result is the same. I don’t cut that many different gears anyway.

Won’t make any difference as to which Nick buys. We don’t even know if he would be using ‘all the gizmos’ for gear cutting or just expecting more for less money at the same quality.

I have two older (Taiwanese) Vertex tables - one has three slots and the other four. I think I prefer the 4 slotted one - simply because it offers more clamping options. Nothing more.

JasonB27/09/2020 06:55:49
18901 forum posts
2082 photos
1 articles

Nick was asking in 2016, hopefully he has bought something by now.

not done it yet27/09/2020 08:03:37
5024 forum posts
20 photos

Yes, the whinge should’ve been put on another thread, not a continuation of a previous thread?

Michael Gilligan27/09/2020 08:38:25
16389 forum posts
715 photos
Posted by not done it yet on 27/09/2020 08:03:37:

Yes, the whinge should’ve been put on another thread, not a continuation of a previous thread?

Au contraire ... I see the ‘whinge’ as a direct and relevant response to the opening question.

MichaelG.

ega27/09/2020 11:02:30
1812 forum posts
153 photos
Posted by JasonB on 27/09/2020 06:55:49:

Nick was asking in 2016, hopefully he has bought something by now.

I have never felt confident about the etiquette of posting to a stale thread. The US Tormek forum puts up a warning in red if you try to post after 120 days.

It seems like good practice for the OP to report the result of the issue concerned giving the opportunity for the thread to be closed.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
cowells
Eccentric July 5 2018
emcomachinetools
EngineDIY
ChesterUK
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest