Forum sponsored by Allendale Nov 29

Black Friday Code fror Machine DRO

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Neil Wyatt24/11/2016 15:28:40
15700 forum posts
659 photos
73 articles

I've got a Black Friday code for Machine DRO, it's BLACK16 for 12.5% off, see their website for T&Cs.

Alan Waddington 224/11/2016 19:44:56
411 forum posts
86 photos

Thanks for he heads up Neil, have been thinking about buying a 3 axis DRO console for my mill, now might be an appropriate time......

Does anyone have any experience or advice regarding the choice between Easson or M-Dro, is there any real difference other than the price ?

Stuart Bridger24/11/2016 21:18:35
274 forum posts
15 photos

Having just replaced an older Easson console with a M- DRO one, I can make the following comments.

Price, you can get a 3 axis M-DRO for the price of a 2 axis Easson.

Build quality appears to be much the same, as is the functionality.

There are minor differences in key order, which is not an issue if you are not moving from one to the other. For example, the centre finding is 1/2 (axis) on Easson and (axis) 1/2 on M-DRO.

On M-DRO you can't transfer a calculator result to an axis.

The Easson has a keyboard beep, whereas the M-DRO has a speaker socket, not that I miss the beep.

M-DRO manual is written in the UK, but printed on thin paper. The Easson one is better quality printed but less easy to understand.

Alan Waddington 224/11/2016 21:39:16
411 forum posts
86 photos

yesThanks Stuart, a very concise comparison......Sounds like the M-DRO will serve my needs adequately, and save me a few quid as a bonus...

Bikepete24/11/2016 21:43:39
211 forum posts
16 photos

I've recently been in the market for a mill DRO too and quite fancied trying 'new technology' in the form of the Easson ES-12 (the big LCD screen one), but it's seemingly permanently out of stock at M-DRO, presumably because there a new version on the way (see e.g. here at a USA importer).

Anyway, moot point for me, I found a suitable DRO (just a boring 'plain LED readout' one) and scales second hand, so colour screen and pretty pictures will have to wait for next time

Carl Wilson 424/11/2016 23:45:36
668 forum posts
53 photos
12.5% off...more like a light brown, possibly faun Friday.
JasonB25/11/2016 07:29:20
15023 forum posts
1531 photos

The LCD Easson is a lot more user friendly when you start to use some of the various functions. For example the M-DRO one when using say PCD function just has numbers entered and tells you to move to the next hole. The Easson actually shows you the holes placed around the PCD so you can see if you have entered then correctly (start and end angle) and shows which hole you are positioned on which makes it easier to operate. This is based on trying them out on M-DRO's stand.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Ausee.com.au
Warco
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
TRANSWAVE Converters
Sarik
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest