Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale July 23rd

Lever carriage stop article

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
AndyP08/03/2016 18:18:38
188 forum posts
30 photos

Is there a paragraph missing from this article?

There is no mention of what goes in the M6 tapped hole in the upper part nor the M3 tapped hole that intersects it. Likewise the 19.5 mm dimension of the lower part is referred to as for "final finishing" but never mentioned again.

I think I can guess what is going on but can't see where the movement needed for the clamp to work is coming from.

Andy

Neil Wyatt08/03/2016 18:46:49
16436 forum posts
685 photos
74 articles

M6 hole is for the screw that holds both parts together (see matching counterbored hole in lower part) as mentioned on P16 and illustrated in photo 8.

By reducing the height to 19.5mm after machining the hole makes the hole more or less oval so the cam can force the two parts apart.

I guess the M3 hole is for a grub screw to lock the screw that holds the two parts together in place, once you have it in adjustment.

Afraid these sort of details are easy to overlook when editing, easily spotted if you actually build the thing.

I might mention this in Ed's Bench.

Neil

Edited By Neil Wyatt on 08/03/2016 18:48:34

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
Ausee.com.au
Advertise With Us
TRANSWAVE Converters
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
ChesterUK
Meridienne oct 2019
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest