By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Nov 29

Colchester Triumph 2000 taper turning attachment - missing parts

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sebastian Mayfield26/02/2016 19:24:40
15 forum posts

My lathe is fitted with the taper turning attachment, but part of it is missing, namely the clamping assembly (circled red in picture).

I'm doubtful I'll find this for sale separately any time soon, but it doesn't look too difficult to have a go at making one. Could anyone point me in the right direction? The manual doesn't show any details, but I'm hoping there's someone out there who has one they could measure / send pictures? Thanks.

Peter Trueman05/03/2016 18:23:28
4 forum posts
3 photos

I have this part but cannot post pictures.

Mail me and I will post direct

Symon12/09/2017 09:09:22
19 forum posts

Hey,

If Sebastian didn't take you up on your offer (very unlikely) I'd be interested in working something out.

Or if anyone has one and is seeing this thread...join up and let me know :D

Basically my taper attachment came with the wrong clamp. I think it's a Colchester Student clamp.

Maybe someone out there has a Student lathe that came with a Triumph 2000 clamp laugh *Looks for the pigs will fly emoji*

Don Kinzer08/01/2019 20:36:35
1 forum posts

I realize that this thread is somewhat old but was wondering if Sebastian still has the wrong bed clamp that he thinks might be for the Student. If so, I'd be interested in getting some measurements to see if it would, in fact, fit on my Student.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
méridienne Nov 18
Ausee.com.au
ChesterUK
Sarik
Warco
Shapiro
TRANSWAVE Converters
emcomachinetools
Eccentric Engineering
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest