Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

MEM Website

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
ChrisH26/11/2015 10:13:44
1005 forum posts
30 photos

Seems to be a bit cheeky, using this forum to ask about another, but is it just me or is there a problem with the MEM website - are other having problems accessing it?

I haven't been able to access it since last night - a message comes up saying there is a problem with my website?

Chris

Trevorh26/11/2015 10:26:49
303 forum posts
87 photos

Hi Chris

I just went on no problems

cheers

Thor 🇳🇴26/11/2015 10:43:24
1437 forum posts
41 photos

Hi Chris,

I too just visited MEM without any problems.

Thor

JasonB26/11/2015 13:23:18
21650 forum posts
2495 photos
1 articles

Slow for me this morning at about 7.30 as it quite often is

ChrisH26/11/2015 13:43:08
1005 forum posts
30 photos

Well, I am still getting the the message that there is a problem with my website. I am not sure what they mean by that, what website would that be, but perhaps it is an Apple thing, as I tried via my (non-Apple) mobile phone and I went on OK, but it was so small I can't read it!

Chris

Trevorh26/11/2015 14:05:45
303 forum posts
87 photos

Hi Chris

I just tried on my Ipad and all seems ok but did get an ad trying to get me to use it "to better read" MEM

after closing it all works fine

cheers

ChrisH26/11/2015 14:55:32
1005 forum posts
30 photos

Hi Trevorh, very strange, I am still getting the message:

"If you are seeing this page instead of your website, please contact your hosting provider as there is a problem with your website." My website? What is my website?  I don't understand at all! 

Not only that but I tried to contact them using the email address I have for them of info@modelenginemaker.com, and twice now I have had a non delivery notification report saying that it was a 'bad destination mailbox address', so I don't know what is happening!

I have got a message off to someone there who used to be involved, I just hope he can forward my query to someone there who can help.

Chris

Edited By ChrisH on 26/11/2015 14:56:15

Frances IoM26/11/2015 15:02:49
1176 forum posts
28 photos
for some reason it includes several tracking (spyware) items including a non-visible single pixel from facebook specially to track those with javescript turned off (those with it on get to load several such trackers) - presumeably the management is happy to host such spyware + trackers

Much as I dislike Apple's commercial instincts it is at present leading the non-geek push against intrusive ads + tracking (geeks already use several adblockers + referal denying extensions to firefox)
ChrisH26/11/2015 15:19:17
1005 forum posts
30 photos

Humm - problem may have been solved. I saw that Safari had a 'reset' facility, and within that there are various selectable options so that you can reset but not lose history for example. So I unchecked what I wanted to save and clicked 'reset' and found I am straight into MEM again, so back to having 2 good sites to access. For the time being at least!

Chris

Trevorh26/11/2015 15:25:07
303 forum posts
87 photos

Nice one

I was using Chrome on the ipad - never thought about that

enjoy

mechman4826/11/2015 16:38:40
2935 forum posts
460 photos

No probs getting in on my desktop... just spent some time browsing...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
rapid Direct
emcomachinetools
JD Metals
cowells
Warco
walker midge
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest