Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Oct 22nd

Plotting your next purchase

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Oompa Lumpa29/03/2015 22:18:50
888 forum posts
271 photos

Lets be honest, who doesn't plot plan and scheme over a tool or machine purchase?

I look in the kitty and see how much is in the new tool fund, then plan my next purchase, I was thinking maybe to get a new, bigger Quick Change Toolpost, but that would cost - with all of the toolholders- about the same as a Scheppach bandsaw I have seen.

So then I reach a sort of mental impasse - so abandon that whole idea, I did see a really nice Micro-Boring head. Now I am not exactly sure what I would use it for, but boy does it look great. I would be able to bore really precise holes with that. In the end I have bought a couple of boxes of tool tips from APT. But I could do with a vertical bandsaw.

graham

John Stevenson30/03/2015 00:51:01
5068 forum posts
3 photos

Yes spring is virtually upon us and green paint fever is just around the corner.

I keep looking at gear hobbers, told myself I need to downsize and don't want one but how can you NOT look at a nice gear hobber ?

Clive Foster30/03/2015 09:22:47
1867 forum posts
59 photos
Posted by John Stevenson on 30/03/2015 00:51:01:

I keep looking at gear hobbers, told myself I need to downsize and don't want one but how can you NOT look at a nice gear hobber ?

Take some nice pictures and use it as your screen saver! The excitement will wear off after a year or so.

Clive

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Warco
Meridienne; London MES
Eccentric Engineering
Eccentric July 5 2018
TRANSWAVE Converters
ChesterUK
Ausee.com.au
cowbells
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest