By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for terry callaghan

Here is a list of all the postings terry callaghan has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Tom Senior M1 Vertical Head unit
11/05/2013 18:17:18

hi chaps.i have a few teeth missing on the gear inside the head.question is this gear part of the shaft . would i be able to just remove one bearing and knock the shalt out. and can i have more setails of what pullers you used.thanks michael

Thread: plans for 7.25 gauge rocket
18/03/2013 08:37:28

hi caps, are there any drawings for the rainhill loco. I have looked at the back issues of ME and there are a few there for a 3.5 gauge loco. I am looking to make a 71/4 gauge. can anyone let me know how you scale it up from 3.5 to 71/4. thanks, michael

17/03/2013 14:58:37

chaps.,my post was about plans for a rocket, not about boilers.

16/03/2013 12:33:52

Thanks chaps, I have seen a 7.25 reainhill loco, that looks something like the rocket, are there any details about the 7.25, all i have come across is for a 3.5 engine. michael

16/03/2013 09:43:24

hi, can anyone point me in the right direction for a set of plans for a 7.25 rocket loco, or something like this loco. thanks, michael

Thread: Thomas Telford in 7 1/4 inch gauge
10/03/2013 14:53:58

hi, I am interested but the link does not work, michael

Thread: speedy valve gear modification
15/02/2013 12:21:18

Hi, I have a speedy, nice loco. I did not build mine, it was a e bay buy. But good fun on the track. michael

Thread: eBAY - Shill Bidding
13/02/2013 18:00:32

Well I have had to open a case on the seller. Its not a private chap, will wait and see. But I now sell less on ebay due to the cost and the amount of total fools who use it. ie my last sale was a brian james car trailer which i used for 4 years to tow a smart car behind the motorhome. the trailer was as new, the chap came up and started trying to tale me it was just silver paint used on the trailer and not Galvanised. he would of course take it off my hands for less then he bid on it. he walked without trailer. I sold the trailer to a trailer company for more the the last ebay bid. also most of my buys of late have turned out to be rubbish, so unless i can view first I don,t bother. michael

12/02/2013 07:49:35

I have had a reply from the seller, will know more on weds. years back I did the county court think for a new car. took over 8 months to get a hearing, won the case, but still got know money back. the trading standards laws are useless, no teeth at all. michael

11/02/2013 21:10:03

yes Tony I have, but the carrage which I must pay is 60 pounds if i wish to return the item, so i am waiting until ebay comes up with an answer, not good realy. but all the things i want are miles away, so can,t always get to see them first. michael

11/02/2013 20:55:24

In a word, yes you can bid on your own items, people use a works PC or the wifes or mates. I have seen this 100,s of times on ebay. one thing I do if I bid on something and then see the price rise to just under my bid is don,t buy. The times I have seen items relisted on ebay due to the selllers pushing the bids up is very common. I use ebay less these days as there is never much on there I want and there are better deals around. saying that I have just had an item turn up today with half the parts missing, which was an ebay buy.

michael

Thread: myford super 7 clutch
21/01/2013 13:08:59

Hi Chaps, after playing around a bit more, and pulling this and that. I found that the clutch drive was stuck in the drive pulley so giving drive all the time. With a few taps on the pulley using a wood dolley, the clutch came free. after washing the pulley with carb cleaning It all works ok. I will now spend the rest of the day with the oil can. thank you for your help. michael

21/01/2013 09:54:10

Thanks chaps for all your input, at the moment it looks like a seized bearing in the drive pulley. As to my name its terrance michael, But I have always been called michael.

20/01/2013 18:03:15

hi, Its Michael, I have had a look for the number but its hard to see at the rear of the lathe. what I can make out is 71/1104/3 well that is what it looks like to me. On taking a bit more of a look at the clutch action, there is not an any way that I can see to adjust the clutch. the actuating rod moves and forces the end section of the clutch around 1/8th from the pulley. But it does not slow or stop the gearbox action.I only have the myford book by Ian Bradley which is not help in this area. michael

20/01/2013 14:40:44

hi, sorry should of said. the clutch will not disengage the gears, to stop the work i need to stop the motor, which i understand is not a good thing for single phase motors. I got the lathe this way, but would like to get the clutch working as it should. michael

20/01/2013 12:50:55

hi chaps, is it possable to repair a myford super 7 clutch, i have the myford book which is a bit none on the subject. michael

Thread: I am thinking of buying this loco
08/01/2013 11:46:16

hi chaps, I am thinging of buying this loco, But I am finding dealing with station road steam very hard work, ie no replys to emails, uninformed phone replys etc. As anyone anything to say about this engine, good or bad. I can,t find out anything about the design, would it be a strong engine, what are the pit falls. thanks, michael

or contact me direct. terry1956@btinternet.com

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
walker midge
rapid Direct
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
JD Metals
emcomachinetools
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest