By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Roger Williams 2

Here is a list of all the postings Roger Williams 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Maneton clamps
09/05/2017 22:00:06

Windy, fascinating article on the Bristol sleeve valve engines. yes

Thread: old whit. taps and dies
09/05/2017 08:49:58

Wonder if the seller would accept £2000 ?.

Thread: warco lathes.
07/05/2017 20:10:04

Graeme W, well said mate.

Thread: What Did You Do Today (2017)
24/04/2017 18:33:34

Hello all, an old friend of a friend asked if I wanted this lathe, no brainer really. He had old sheds full of many machines, including at least 5 lathes. One of them, a lovely Boxford with gearbox, had become badly rusted because of a leaking roof !. Luckily, the Super 7 had oil on the ways smiley. There were also a few drilling machines one of which was a lovely 6ft tall Meddings ( I think!), geared head thing. Unfortunately the old chap is disabled now and doesnt really care about the stuff, nor does his son, so eventually, the scrap man will end up with it. Why the son doesnt get organised and sell the machinary, Ive no idea. Woodworking equipment too !!.

Anyway, at least one tool has been saved......

Thread: Rusty lathe for sale
20/04/2017 09:33:49

Nowt as queer as folk.....£117 at the minute !.

Thread: Lathe Chuck Attachment Methods.
18/04/2017 22:19:32

Hello all, in my opinion, the Hardinge taper lock is the best, so quick to change a chuck. But I wouldnt like to run in reverse though with the chuck fastened clockwisei. Quite frightening probably !. In fact, its always confused me as to why the KL1 (HLVH) needs to be run in reverse anyway.

Thread: Rusty lathe for sale
16/04/2017 10:05:33

The people must want something to do buying that cra* .I suppose it takes all sorts.....

At the other end of the spectrum, I was offered a Super 7 for FREE the other day and I believe in good condition. Long story short, my friend who was offered it , turned it down because hes not into lathes, asked me if I wanted it !!!.

Thread: One Man's Colchester lever-locking top slide
16/04/2017 09:52:38

Yes, and the Milling /Drilling attachment on the topslide. smiley

Thread: MEW 253: Workshop Techniques; Darren Conway
11/04/2017 15:15:42

Bloody hell, Im lost frown

Thread: cutting 8mm steel plate
05/04/2017 19:16:35

Hello Clogs, I have one of the Evolution circular saws, same as Myford Boy in one of his videos, and have cut quite a few 3ft lengths of 3/8 inch steel plate with ease. Mine is 240v, but I wouldnt have thought it would make much difference with either voltage. Cheers.

Thread: Rob Roy, project for someone ?.
02/04/2017 10:13:46

Right, Julie pulled a name out of my hat, chap PM'd. Fairest way I hope !. Regards to all.

02/04/2017 10:01:56

Hello, I have 3 people interested, 2 Phills and Rik, so they are going in a hat and the wife will pick one. The "lucky"one will have a PM. Cheers.

01/04/2017 20:24:02

No interest yet Nick surprise

01/04/2017 18:35:28

Hello all, roughly 40 years ago, made this loco, had it running on compressed air, got half way through the boiler, then lost interest.Its sat on the shelf for many years and realising that Im never going to finish it, have decided to part with it. I havent the heart to sell the thing, so would like it to go to someone who will complete the poor thing !. So if anyone would like a project, ( a father and son team would be nice ), please PM me with your details.

Two conditions, number one, I would like a cash donation of £50, which will go to the Blue Cross animal charity and second, collection only of the loco, from Teignmouth.

Also, included is a stand, many bits, drawings and Martin Evans's book. Many thanks.01042017212.jpg

Thread: Colin Stafford Johnson, Ireland.
24/03/2017 22:50:26

I know this might not be engineering related, but Ive just seen the second programme with this chap travelling up the West Coast of Ireland, glorious photography. Refreshing to see during these troubled times. BBC 2 if youre interested.

Thread: Westminster Attack 22 March 2017
22/03/2017 21:09:42

Yes, its always the innocents that suffer unfortunately. If its somethinng to do with Islamic extremists, dont forget who went into the Middle East in the first place and wound them all up, Bush and our Tony !.

Thread: The Car as an extension to the Work Place !!
11/03/2017 10:16:57

Michael, too many distractions during driving without putting phones in cars as well. Too many people being killed because of them. My son was lucky to escape with his life , the result of a selfish moron on his mobile. So, in responce to anyone who insists on using a phone whether hands free or not, you are a twat. Rant over.

Thread: Why do they do that,
08/03/2017 18:31:48

Russell, its a crap idea isnt it. Whichever hand you use, its in the firing line. My DSG is on the left and so is the Hardinge. Designed by a masochist.

Thread: Arduino Rotary Table MEW 249
06/03/2017 10:45:21

Silly Old Duffer, well said. I went the Arduino route because it was from an article in a magazine, no other reason. I learned a lot along the way, and it works. I probably wont use it much, but hey ho !. IF I had needed it to make me lots of money, I would have just bought a Divisionmaster. I might even make one of the Steve Ward ones as well, just for something to do . I just enjoyed the project like a lot of other people.

On the other hand, why p*ss about making a model, just go and buy one because the fuhrer says so......

Thread: Workshop thermal gloves- advice please
25/02/2017 22:23:30

Jimmie, I wear thin white cotton gloves all the time in the workshop in winter, similar to what the Japanese train drivers use. Oh, and I keep my fingers away from rotating things !!. You can buy them off ebay by the bagful. By the way, every video Ive seen of Japanese lathe operators, all wear gloves. Just needs common sense.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
MIDLNDS GARDEN RAIL Jan 2022
rapid Direct
cowells
Warco
emcomachinetools
JD Metals
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest