By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Roger Williams 2

Here is a list of all the postings Roger Williams 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Lidl Digital Calipers
21/03/2013 08:47:27

Hello all, in case of anyone wishing to purchase a new Digital caliper with their saved up pocket money, they are £8.99 in Lidl`s at the minute. At least the Torquay branch anyway. Brilliant place in my view. Cheers.

Thread: DSG 13/30 drive motor.
03/02/2013 23:58:08

Hello again, thank you for the kind comments. Raymond, do have any pics of your DSG and experiences with it ?.Have you the power drilling attachment with your lathe and if so, would you consider it a worthwhile accessory to buy.(mainly because I know of one for sale!!!) ?. I bought a fixed steady, but have yet to use it. I think that must have been a bargain at £ 50. Im not a machinist by any means, but for some unknown reason, have the love lathe disease, which I believe is a common affliction!.That and motorcycles, milling machines, shapers, lumps of metal, women ...........Regards, Roger.

02/02/2013 17:43:42

Hello , most grateful for the advice from everyone.Funnily enough, I did have one of the phase fuses in the on/off isolator switch go just after I bought it, but as I said, its been ok since. I did a quick check behind the control panel, as you do, and after looking in there,thought I would be in the s--t if anything burnt out. Anyway, I wont fix it till its broke !!!. If anyone is interested, theres a couple of pics by my `name`. Oh, Ive just cleaned it because its not always this tidy !!. Many thanks, Roger.

01/02/2013 20:35:33

Hello all, I have a question to ask about the main drive motor on a recently aquired DSG 13/30 lathe. Allthough in lovely condition, she is over 50 years old along with the original electrical control system.The motor is a 5hp, which was newly fitted before I bought the lathe and all works as it should. My concern is that if anything went wrong on the control side, repairs would be difficult tosay the least. I could bypass all this lot with a VFD for the 5hp motor, but have been warned of the very high cost. Because the lathe will only get light usage in a home shop environment, my question is, would I get away with a smaller 3 hp motor, for which a VFD would be relatively cheap ?The present motor is 3 phase , dual voltage, which I run off a RPC. Has anyone done a similar job on say a Colchester for instance. Many thanks..

Thread: Elliot 10M Shaper.
28/07/2011 13:49:51
Hello, thanks to all for your interest in my shaper query. Ive decided to purchase the machine because it really does seem in good condition. Is it a disease to keep wanting to buy machinery. ??. Regards, Roger Williams
26/07/2011 17:03:25
Hello, Im thinking of buying one of the above which has been offered to me at £400. The machine is in very good condition and comes with a vice. Is this a fair price or a bit high ?. I would be grateful for your comments. Regards, Roger Williams.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
Rapid RC
Eccentric Engineering
Dreweatts
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest