By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mike Wainwright

Here is a list of all the postings Mike Wainwright has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Boxford Model B Lathe
01/03/2018 19:32:51

Thanks very much. I got and it has been fitted.

Thanks again for your help

Mike

01/03/2018 12:48:23

I have purchased a Boxford lathe and one of the parts that came with is this.

2018-03-01 07.07.41.jpg

2018-03-01 07.07.21.jpg

Please can somebody tell me where it goes or what it is.

Mike

Thread: Boxford Model B
28/01/2018 17:56:18

Bazyle

its a model B

old Iron

Thanks for the files. That the information I was looking for.

Once the lathe arriving I will post pictures and maybe asking some questions if I can't figure out what I need to do.

Regards

Mike

28/01/2018 14:09:55

Thanks for the information. I will get the manuals from the lathes web site once the lathe has arrived and I know the information that I need.

I have joined the yahoo user group for both.

Mike

28/01/2018 12:26:51

I am about to buy a Boxford Model B lathe and I am trying to find a manual / parts list for the lathe.

it is going to need a strip down and clean.

it does not come with any change gears so I am trying to find out what changes wild have come with the lathe so i can get a full set.

Any help or information would be appreciated.

Mike

Thread: Warco WM250
11/09/2017 17:49:05

Thanks for everyone's help. It was the rear fuse and I did not see it when I looked on Saturday. I spoke to Warco and they explained where it was.

Going to order a pack of 10 fuses just in case. I saw on the internet that it was a 5amp fuse so I will check with Warco tomorrow when I give them the good news.

Thanks for all the replies

Mike

10/09/2017 16:37:29

Christopher

I tried a different fuse and still the lathe is dead. Will be calling Warco tomorrow morning to test their after sales service. I hope it's good.

Mike

09/09/2017 17:40:14

Thanks for your help.

I have checked everything suggested and cannot see anything wrong. i guess its a call to Warco on Monday morning. Not a good start for my new lathe

I hope it is something simple

09/09/2017 11:38:25

I have just bought a Warco WM250 lathe and got to use it for the 1st time this morning. I have been using it for an hour or so. I setup to part a piece of aluminum and started to cut. The lathe turned off and i cannot get it to power back on.

I checked the fuses and the E Stop and all seem ok.

Can anyone give me clue what might have happened.

Mike

Thread: Shand Mason Fire Engine
20/05/2017 20:32:09

Ian

Please could i have 3326,27,34,35,41,& 42

I will PM my email address

Thanj you

Mike

20/05/2017 12:40:40

Does anyone have the articles for the fire engine from Volumes 133 -134 that ET Westbury did.

i have managed to find some on the Internet and had several from my collection of Model Engineer's but do not have the complete set. I have the articles from 1908 and the Metric drawings Julius did.

I have decided it would be something different to drawing in Solidworks

Thanks

Mike

Thread: Scaling drawings
19/02/2017 10:39:03

Thanks for everyone's help on this. I am going to try to model the running gear and see how it looks.

I will use standard materials and hole sizes. I have got a guide on some of the dimensions from the Reeves website so I have a starting point for the wheels and axle boxes.

This is purely a CAD exercise to see how it all works out.. I will post a picture of this when I have made some progress

Mike

17/02/2017 20:47:47

Dave

Thank for the link but that is where I got the notes but that download is missing the last 6 episodes

Mike

17/02/2017 17:59:41

I recently found the write up for Doris on the Internet and thought I would change the scaling to 5" scale instead of the 3 1/2 scale it, was drawn in. Is there a formula for scaling plans. Do I just enlarge all important dimensions by 1.429 and then use the nearest equivalent material. I am drawing it in solidworks as further practice in using the program.

Does anyone have the missing issues of the build notes as the file is missing the last 6 episodes

Mike

Thread: Box hill locomotive
09/10/2016 07:18:45

Does anyone have the box hill articles scanned and would be willing to email them to me. I have ordered the drawing from this website and would like to have a copy of the articles. I have checked eBay and there is only a few issues on sale.

regards

Mike

Edited By Mike Wainwright on 09/10/2016 07:19:32

Thread: magazine
10/09/2016 07:49:43

The magazine was available for download on pocket and last Tuesday. I don't have a subscription so I pay for each one as it comes available

Mike

Thread: Metro
07/09/2016 18:44:46

Nick

Thank you very much I missed scanning that page when I scanned the articles. I can finish the solid works model of the Metro

Mike

07/09/2016 08:23:50

Jason

I have checked the last 2 issues and there were no drawings available for the Metro. Please can you tell me when they are going to be available.

Mike

Thread: magazine
05/09/2016 19:07:46

Thank you. I downloaded the magazine today. I thought it was going to have the next 2 pages of Metro drawings.

04/09/2016 11:09:34

Model engineer 4542

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Warco
emcomachinetools
EngineDIY
cowells
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest