By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steambuff

Here is a list of all the postings Steambuff has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Darjeeling Saddle Tank 0-4-0 New series starting in ME 4378
14/06/2011 01:35:57

I am about to start building the 'B' Class, (my first loco that is bigger than than 16mm/ft) one thing I have not seen yet are the overall dimensions. (I have not had chance to see it in the flesh yet)

So can someone tell me :-

The overall Length (Buffer to Buffer) (I think it is around 36")
The overall Width
The overall Height
The Weight

and finally the scale ... I think it is about 1-3/4" tot the foot (1:7) is this correct?

I have the drawing supplied by the DHRS and Various photo's I took when I was in India several years ago.

I have ordered the drawings from Blackgates.

Dave

Thread: Model Engineer Reader's Survey
10/06/2011 09:55:24

I have noticed there is no way to indicate the fact that you are a "Digital Only" or Paper subscriber. The answers could be different for both options.

Also there seems to be no questions about the Digital Edition. i.e Quality of printed pages/drawings.

Dave

Thread: Living with the digital copies
06/06/2011 20:44:09

Quote <<< As digital editions they are not geared towards being printed >>>

Bull***t

Are we then expected to move our PC's and Monitors into the workshop whenever we want to build anything using the drawings???

I Subscribe to other publications digitally and their print-outs are as good as the printed copy ..... This is all we are asking for. (Yes it would be nice to print multiple pages at a time ... but lets sort out the quality first)

Dave

Thread: Can not view Digital Issues with 64 bit IE
26/05/2011 20:27:42
They are not PDF, David said they were adobe Flash.

I have the 64-Bit Flash IE plug in from Adobe and it still does not work. (I downloaded the latest version today just to make sure)

The Flash plug-in works OK with video's etc on otther sites...

So I suspect that the "Digital Editions" has issues with IE9 and 64 bit. (Can anyone else confirm this?)

Dave

25/05/2011 20:28:59
Hiya,

I can not seem to view the Digital Issues (Model Engineer) with the 64 bit version of Internet_Explorer 9 under Windows 7 (64 bit).

The box opens, but then stays blank.

If I try and access through the 32-bit version of IE9, (still in Win-7 64 bit),everything seems to be OK.

Are you aware of the issue and when will you be fixing it?
(I normally use the 64 bit version)

Dave

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
Allendale Electronics
ChesterUK
cowells
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest