By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Balljoint

Here is a list of all the postings Balljoint has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Water Pump
29/06/2016 15:47:35

Hi Graham

PM sent

Regards

Colin

Thread: Small engineering tasks
05/06/2015 20:07:00

Hi Jeff

I am just down the road in West Wickham

PM me if you would like to meet up

Colin

Thread: Emco FB-2 Manual
03/03/2015 13:38:05

Hi Andrew

I have a pdf file of the FB2 manual in english, which you are welome to a copy of.

PM me if you are interested

Regards

Colin

Thread: What did you do today? (2014)
02/12/2014 17:49:56

You are lucky, dogs grow out of chewing things to destruction. I have an African Gey Parrot, likely to live to about 80 years, and will chew anything he can get his beak on until the day he drops off the perch. Mind you he is amusing when he has a conversation with you

Colin

Thread: Boiler Help
28/04/2013 17:33:34

Possibly they are for a couple of boiler stays which run from front to back, have seen similar on a RobRoy

Thread: Simplex Ashpan
07/04/2013 19:29:18

Pete

I have now uploaded some photos into an album if you want to have a look.

Hope this helps

Colin

07/04/2013 12:02:36

Pete

I have just bought a second hand Simplex, and on mine the whole of the ashpan and the grate drop out from below simply by pulling out a single pin. Makes life so much easier if you have to drop the fire in a hurry.

I will try and take some photos and post them later later

Colin

Thread: Which digital readout to get.
08/01/2013 09:30:46

David

I have just received a Sino DRO from father christmas, and was wondering if you have any photos of your setup, as I shall also be fitting this to an FB2.

Thanks

Colin

Thread: Zeroed Cross Slide
06/01/2012 17:27:53
Hi Alan

I made myself a set of zeroing dials for my ML7 and my vertical slide.
I am no expert, but I found it quite easy to come up with a design and to make them myself. the only testing part is marking the graduation around the side, but with a little bit of enginuity I managed this using a 100 tooth changewheel and a homemade locating spigot attached to the lathe.

There is a photo in my album, and if you would like any more details pm me and I will try to help you out

Regards

Colin
Thread: Vertex rotary table
12/12/2011 21:07:28
Hi Guys

Thanks for all of the info, I'd better get my letter off to santa pdq.
12/12/2011 10:24:13
I am looking to buy a rotary table and the vertex range has caught my eye, does anyone have any opinions as to quality etc

Thanks
Thread: Mitutoyo digital micrometer
12/11/2011 20:32:47
Hi Neil

Thanks for the explanation, I had managed to work most of that out, the bit that is still unclear is when you press the zero button, the display sets to zero and a flashing p is also displayed but the thimble has no effect until you press the zero button a second time, when the p dissapears and the display then becomes active. Any ideas on the thinking behind this operation

Regards

Colin
12/11/2011 11:57:29
Thanks for the replies Guys, I think I now understand a bit more, although there are still a couple of points I'm not clear on.

Hopefully with experimentation all will be revealed
11/11/2011 16:22:34
Hi

I have just purchased a second hand Mitutoyo 293-344 digital micrometer which has no manual. Could anyone tell what the buttons origin and zero/abs do, or how to use them

Thanks

Colin
Thread: Hacksaw blade tension
12/09/2011 21:52:38
Where can i buy one of these lenox hacksaws please

Thanks
Thread: Myford large bore Super 7 for sale
07/09/2011 15:42:46
Nor me
Thread: Grip Tru Chuck
01/09/2011 11:40:39
Hi All

Can anybody help me with instructions on how to adjust a grip tru chuck

Thanks a lot

Colin
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
walker midge
Dreweatts
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
JD Metals
Warco
emcomachinetools
rapid Direct
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest