By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tony Scott

Here is a list of all the postings Tony Scott has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Resilient motor mount retaining clips.
21/12/2019 14:50:52

I've just got back to this page, thanks again for updates, I have made the clamps now, they're not perfect but they do the job.

25/11/2019 21:41:40

Looks like I'll be making something up.

Thanks for help Ega.

This forum is really helpful and friendly.

19/11/2019 17:39:06

This group is so helpful.

Ega, you are correct with the bits, it's just the clips that I need, I've put mine somewhere safe...... 😂 Can't recall where it is though so I consider them lost.

19/11/2019 14:56:49

I haven't actually thought about that. I didn't consider this to be a solely myford problem just a motor issue.

I'll give them a call later.

19/11/2019 13:56:13

Hi, I'm trying to put the original single phase motor back on to myford ml7 but I can't find the retaining clips, can these be bought? If yes would you send me the link please.

I've tried searching but I can't find the item, maybe I'm using the wrong description.

Thread: Warco wm18
10/10/2019 22:31:11

Thanks guys. I have dropped them a message.

The main reason for asking about the gas strut is the ball and cup are both fitted but the ram is not, surely they wouldn't fit the balls and cup's??

10/10/2019 18:32:59

Hi everyone, have just aquired a warco wm18 that has never been used, and when I disassembled the machine it came to light that the gas strut is missing, do you any of you knowledgeable people know the length or find an online manual.

Was surprised that there is no online manual.

Thread: Sieg g1 power hacksaw
04/07/2019 19:45:08

Thanks for the replies, I only asked as when I posted a video on the myford Facebook page someone said that the stroke needed increasing and after looking at the online manual it didn't seem possible but thought I'd better check here.

03/07/2019 22:03:04

Hi, I have just aquired this power hacksaw and I don't have the manual for it, I've quickly read the online version and I can't find any information on altering the stroke length as someone has told me that it needs to be increased, any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thread: Clarke cl300m motor
17/03/2012 15:51:03

I should of mentioned that I knew Machine Mart were the distributor of Clarke tools, I was looking for something either cheaper or improved over the original motor.

Thanks though wink

17/03/2012 11:30:47

Hi, my motor has just burnt out & I need to purchase a new or reconditioned one any help on where to purchase, I've phoned Arc Euro trade and they tell me it's not the same as the one in the Sieg c3!! is this correct?.

If this is in the wrong section would the mods please move.

Thread: Clarke cl300m
23/11/2010 15:43:51
Hi, thanks for reply, been reading your other posts on pcb faults and found it interesting
I have removed the motor and powered it of a 12v supply and the motor turns, very slowly so i'm assuming the motor is OK now so i'm guessing it will be the PCB board.
I'm not very good with electronics but my brother is a whizz and will be taking it away with him to test. 
23/11/2010 10:46:36
Hi, Just acquired the above lathe which i knew had a fault on the motor or PCB board, i'm now sure it's the motor now but i wanted to know what the length the brushes should be, mine are 1/2 inch long. There appears to be no burn marks on the armeture or commutator but the motor arcs really bad and will blow the fuse. Just had a quote for new motor £102 + p+p. Ouch!!
Any help would be appreceated.
Tony.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Ausee.com.au
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
Warco
ChesterUK
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest