By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Diane Carney

Here is a list of all the postings Diane Carney has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Model Engineer Survey
26/04/2011 09:50:05
Hi Graham
As you will not be completing a survey due to its being a statisitcal waste of time, and you do not buy Model Engineer as about 90 percent of its content is not to your liking, could you possibly give us about 50 words on 'What would induce me to subscribe to Model Engineer'?

Regards
Diane

PS this is genuine interest, not sarcasm.

Thread: Things we should not do
28/03/2011 14:40:19
Aye John. ... course it is. Sorry.

(It's moderator blitz week, in case you hadn't noticed!)

Diane
28/03/2011 14:19:49
Read the message? (just a guess)
27/03/2011 10:29:41
Posted by Ramon Wilson on 27/03/2011 09:58:10:
Ady,
We have just had five pages elsewhere of nothing but vitriol created by a very inconsiderate and thoughtless person.

You're safe enough. I suspect Ady might be having a lie in ....

Thread: Digital Issues
06/02/2011 15:05:04
Issue 128 is there now.

Diane
(who should have done the job!!! ... got part way through then distracted. My apologies.)
Thread: Late delivery of magazines due to adverse weather
17/01/2011 14:42:34
I can confirm that Royal Mail are still having serious difficulties, especially in central Scotland. They were out delivering parcels yesterday - yes, SUNDAY!!

Diane
Thread: Scale Traction Engine Speeds
12/01/2011 23:06:09
Andrew
As far as I know you can purchase exactly what you need from Clupet. He is very good - we purchased a set of rings for the Sentinel (admitedly some time ago now). Don't delay too long though. I have heard that he is looking to retire from the business. He's at Factory B, Solway Ind Est., Maryport CA15 8NF.
Regards
Diane
Thread: A 'Monkey' triple expansion engine
04/01/2011 15:48:11
Hi Ramon
I am quite interested in this conundrum! Roughly what size of engine is it? Is it an engine in situ - or a model that you are referring to? What is the flywheel diameter, approx.? Curious also about the Stephenson link which suggests it is a reversing engine so I am wondering what was its duty? Possibly winding, or rolling? It is certainly an unusual design. You say the HP is above the IP but are they in line (parallel)? Could you possilby scan and upload any of the photographs you have?
Regards
Diane
Thread: Dredger on a stand at harrogate
29/12/2010 23:50:11
Hi chaps & chapesses

I have had a private request from a non forum reader (an ME reader who does not use the forum). He is trying to trace the owner / builder of a dredger - not sure whether it's a steam dredger or not but this ship was on display at Harrogate 2010 on a club stand - but the gentleman can not recall which stand. Can anyone here enlighten him please? If you have any memory of seeing it please reply on here.
Many thanks.

Hope you are all enjoying the festive season!
Diane
Thread: Orrery?
17/12/2010 10:49:01
Posted by Niloch on 15/12/2010 12:58:29:
I'm pretty sure that there was an all brass orrery to be seen at the recent Sandown show on one of the club stands upstairs.  It appeared to be about 300mm tall and maybe unfinished.

I think it was on the Malden stand, if memory serves me right.

Diane

Thread: Workshop Electrics
06/12/2010 23:33:09
Supid avatars deleted John. Haven't a clue where they came from. They have now appeared elsewhere! I'll try and get onto the pesky things and chase 'em!
Diane
06/12/2010 11:25:48
Hi chaps
I removed the offending table from John Shepherd's post - apologies to him. Perhaps there is another way he could convey the information?
DC

Edited By Diane Carney on 06/12/2010 11:26:36

Thread: Model Engineer Exhibition
03/12/2010 00:22:07
Hi
Not sure about the website question but the office has been closed today due to grim weather. Try again tomorrow.
Hope this helps
Diane 
Thread: Mills
30/11/2010 14:47:00
Chaps and Chapesses.

I was going to start a new thread but maybe here is the place to start.
This thread has been hijacked, to a degree. As far as I can see it ran its natural course and maybe should have petered out but it has mutated and become a discussion on etiquette.

As your newly appointed moderator I will let you know where I stand on forums: Forums have their place and anyone choosing to contribute does so at their own discretion. Any contributor must be able to take a bit of flack without recoiling. That is the nature of the medium. That said, nobody should be expected to take vilification of a personal nature.

Another trait of this medium is that a thread will, from time to time, wander OT. If this happens to the point whereby the original topic is long forgotten and you are annoyed by the deviation and want to say more on your original topic then start a new thread with a similar title to your original. (Maybe post "this topic is continued elsewhere".)

There are a set of rules in the Code of Conduct (please refresh your memory if required) that lay down the 3 basics: No swearing, no writing on the walls and obey all the rules. But especially no swearing. I personally think, also, that sarcasm and snide remarks say more about the writer than the intended recipient so proceed with caution. (I have been reading every post for the last three weeks and I'm getting the picture....)

David very rarely deletes postings. Frequently deleting postings negates the value of the forum. I also shall let threads take their own course with minimal intervention. But please do be mindful of the author and his/her intentions and if the correspondence has been of a technical nature in the main, then try to keep it fairly close to the subject.

Your moderators are not fountains of all knowledge (quite) so if someone makes an inaccurate statement then correct them without belittling them. Now there's a challenge for you....

Thank you for persevering with this post. You will hear very little from me henceforth.

DC (that's the other DC). 

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
Rapid RC
Dreweatts
cowells
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest