By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Springbok

Here is a list of all the postings Springbok has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Complete novice
06/08/2013 08:05:10

Paul
I have almost finished my B1, but if you PM me can point you at the source of laser cut items, copper tig welded boiler and other parts, I also have posted (on a different forum) 2 pages of errors in the drawings, this is nothing new as most ME drawings have errors which seem to never be corrected.

Good luck
Bob

Thread: Emco Unimat 3 price check ?
04/08/2013 05:39:22

OK Sidley how about a tanner.... Nice find are you not going to keep it for tiny work.
Bob

Thread: Hello
04/08/2013 05:12:38

Welcome as you will see we are a friendly bunch, do occasionally take the mick, think there is an ME club near you, try going onto the SMEE web site
Good luck and enjoy. I have to say that these days I sometimes wonder how I had time to go to work.
We will all look forward to hearing about your projects.
If you can manage it come to the Thornbury Exhibition on 16th 17th & 18th of this month and make yourself known, I am usually the old git demonstrating a mini lathe to kids and older ones and getting them to use it. on the club stand. there is a half page advert in the current ME issue.
Bob

OOps corrected typo

Edited By Springbok on 04/08/2013 05:16:04

Thread: drilling steel with 230v hand drill
03/08/2013 02:41:36

A bit of lateral thinking, to save burning out, battering, whacking or whatever I use a tool that lies in one of my tool chests for years but is invaluable for this, You it would appear that you have made a hole in the bolt so this is a tapered L/H tapered spiral thread tool work it in gently, with oil , slowly turn backwards and forwards and you will find the errant bolt will come out, Recently one of my grandsons managed to snap the head of a hex bolt on a IC engine and we succesfully removed it.
They usually come in sets of 5 different sizes, can be obtained from most of our usual suppliers or fleabay.
Good luck
Bob

Thread: New subscriptions, am I thick or what?
02/08/2013 19:47:25

Am going to be dumping ME when next sub comes up it is now boreing, full of ad's and basically no longer interesting. Just look at some of the much older issues. New mag, Content articles no 30ish article where the author is panning it out to make extra dosh...

bob

Thread: marking / layout blue
02/08/2013 19:32:25

No under the toilet seat we used clingfilm for grandad..... seriosly a small bottle of blue will last years.

Bob

Thread: Taking forever
02/08/2013 03:08:53

Sounds like my Gremlin's are breeding was working on the boiler I am fitting to by B1, now the floor is swept clean, so nothing to hide it, little part drops off steam fitting, now my loco sits on a hydraulic unit that can be wheeled around, moves it out of the way nothing. gave up eventually hunting thinking I have a few spares, 30mins later look at the clean floor and lo and behold there it is at my feet.

Anyone reading who is a member of the BSMEE will have read my little story on them regarding my father in law who was a Spit pilot takeing pic's over enemy positions.
regards
Bob

Thread: Nuclear Bomb (model)
30/07/2013 09:14:02

Ken
Just thinking about what you are building gives me the shivers, I am not a pacafist by any means but have seen the destruction it caused.

Bob

Thread: BSMEE Thornbury Exhibition
29/07/2013 05:04:57

For everyone on this forum just a reminder to come up and chat to the old git in the purple shirt
My B1 Springbok has now got it's boiler fitted and will be on the club stand.
Look at the half page Ad we have in latest ME for details.
Bob

Thread: Plans for Centre Finder Wobbler tool
29/07/2013 04:37:37

Hi Jerry
Could you tell us what the part is you wish to centre find as there are many ways of doing this. A piccy of item would be helpful
Bob

Thread: Harrier Grace or the 5"
28/07/2013 05:36:13

I hope your wife realises what a lucky lady she is.
Bon

Thread: For Sale: Slim glass scale for mini machine
28/07/2013 05:22:38

Windy

It would apear so. Chengdu is that south of Watford.............
Bob

Thread: Workshop comms
21/07/2013 05:14:53

My workshop is in the cellar under the lounge so like ALLO ALLO she uses one of her sticks to bang the floor and I pop my head out of the trap door. It is usually "can I have a cup of tea"...
Rik you wait untill you have been married over 40 years like me.... There are loads of comms stuff on the market now try all the usual offendors Maplins, Ebay Tesco......
Bob

Thread: Richard Feynman (Surely you're joking)
19/07/2013 21:50:37

here it is

**LINK**

regards from a old one of his kind
Bob

Thread: Carbide grinding wheel
17/07/2013 04:03:37

Also was the centre a very neat fit if not so that is where your vibration is comeing from. but use diamond

Bob

Thread: Online Engineering videos-General Subjects
16/07/2013 20:02:34

well done ady glad that you took up the sugestion.

bob

Thread: Portrait of an engineer
14/07/2013 19:24:08

Ady1
I agree a thread dedicated to all good engineering please no rubbish,

look forward to it
Bob

Thread: Needs a bit of TLC
14/07/2013 05:47:08

“Err it err um needs a bit of TLC”

Hi everyone have a look at this, was trawling through ebay for a decent cutting Tool (did not find one)
Bob

Thread: Portrait of an engineer
14/07/2013 04:06:45

Facinating thanks for the posting also points to other interesting clips

Bob

Thread: Seldom have I seen a more offensive item!
13/07/2013 03:27:03

Not yet another "Barn Find" how many barns are there in this country that are being cleared out Well if you live in Preston buy and collect then take it strait down the scrappy and make a few quid.
Agree with Fizzy it is an abortion. Imagine putting it on your club stand at a exhibition....... An insult to Elvis and I cannot stand him.

Bob

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
walker midge
emcomachinetools
JD Metals
rapid Direct
cowells
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest