By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Springbok

Here is a list of all the postings Springbok has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What's on this weekend
22/08/2013 19:24:41

Hi everyone please look at BSMEE site lots of interest.

Sept 14th Polly Owners Group Rally Ashton Court Site
Sept 15th 3 1/2 Gauge Rally Ashton Court Site
18th Sept I thought it would be easy to build 60 Springboks Kim Kemp
Hot Coals
Begbrook
Thread: Another way to enjoy your hobby
22/08/2013 17:43:54

As a grumpy old git of well over 70 and a lot of people on this forum have met me I stick to my WW2 guns
Bob

22/08/2013 07:34:35

Dianne,

Is there someone deleting comments on this thread as I had said you were the only sane one

Bob

22/08/2013 07:18:47

Dear Mr Patrick Astill,
If I find out that any of my help comments have been posted to one of these childish thumb numbind, brain dead sites I will start to encourage members to pull out. I do hope that I make myself explicitly clear.And  I hope that you have got the message from everyone here.
I personally would go back to management and ask for a new post. And tell them to get the current site sorted out.
Apologies for being so blunt but that is how the bulk of us all feel.

And Oh can you put in a proper profile with pic's of work done and your workshop.
Bob

Edited By Springbok on 22/08/2013 07:22:12

Edited By Springbok on 22/08/2013 07:26:46

Thread: New Web Template
20/08/2013 17:13:11

Diane
Thank you at least we have one sane person on our side.

Bob

20/08/2013 17:07:54

SO as a moderator why have you not posted this lot here or are the kids going to be interested in "the great train robbery" a Mr Biggs. Do you remember him maybe you were still at school at the time.
I want an assurance that any answers of help I give will not be automatically posted onto one of these idiot sites. And I am sure all members feel the same.

Bob

Thread: Interesting web site
20/08/2013 12:46:57

thanks for the link but could not get anything to work. there are lots of animated sites around

bob

Thread: Copper boilers and Stainless steel bolts
20/08/2013 12:38:31

The blunt answer is no, go to a reputable dealer and get either GM or PB bronze bolts Brass would also be OK SS gets what is called osmosis like the hull of a glass fibre boat, you can see that white degeneration on the bolt.  Yes but the balls are hardened.
Bob

Edited By Springbok on 20/08/2013 12:40:39

20/08/2013 12:22:20

John

Had Kippers (2) plus bread with lashings of butter and coffee.

Another way to enjoy your hobby!!!
What the H*** has that got to do with ME...
The only twitter I get is from all my hens when I go up at about 6.00 and feed them
Bob

Edited By Springbok on 20/08/2013 12:27:37

20/08/2013 10:28:24

Springbok: One of our PR people? Yes, there are banks of us here tap-tapping away on press releases!

That answers it all

20/08/2013 10:23:22

I spent the last 3 days (Fri, Sat and Sun) getting kids and adults trying to use a lathe, everyone loved it when they seen metal flying off, even the mums and dads had a go all enjoyed so will twitsville et all; give that hands on to them. (This was at the Bristol BSMEE Thornbury exhibition)

ME and ME Workshop people were conspicuose for there absence maybe they were all playing on Twitsville...
Sorry but this idea is a no brainer.

Bob

Thread: What did you do today? (2013)
20/08/2013 06:30:51

Spent the last 3 days on the BSMEE stand teaching young people how to use a lathe.

Thread: Cutting gauge glass to length
20/08/2013 06:27:40

Quite a few years back on this forum their was a thread on this subject and one of the answers was to heat it up a bit of wire to cherry red and quickly wrap it around the glass let all cool and the glass will snap.

Bob

20/08/2013 06:21:47

(I have no idea why the number of posts doesn't come up under my name. I'll find out)

Patrick
As we all say sort out this site first.

Who wrote your opening announcement sounds like one of your PR people gone mad.
Bob

20/08/2013 06:09:50

Patrick,

I think you have been given the proverbial poisened chalice, and If my comments are also posted onto one of these brain dead places like twitter you will not see me just dust. Have you ever done any ME work I ask... How long have you worked for this company and what did you do to upset them as to give you this post. my commiserations. We used to do it in RR to some people.
Now down to business;
If you are tasked to sort this site out please do so.
If you are tasked to get us all to use the kids sites well as the man said "NUFF SAID"
The bulk of us on this forum have no interest in these children’s sites, we use it to exchange ideas, problems and general ME information.
Good luck in your new post
Bob

Thread: warco vmc motor wire connections
14/08/2013 03:35:31

Hi Kevin
Look at
grizzly.com
your machine will be under a different name but they write there own manuals and are free downloads.
good luck

Bob

Thread: BSMEE Thornbury Exhibition
14/08/2013 03:29:08

Got a posh one with club logo on it now

Bob

Thread: Telescoping tubes needed
09/08/2013 23:06:59

Geoff
You give no inkling what they are for, material type
Bob

Thread: New Bosch Pillar drill
07/08/2013 03:35:18

Had a look at the vidio, flash graphics BUT looks flimsy obviously pointing at the small DIY woodworking market with loads of dosh. Think this would wear out in no time . couple of nice "gadgets" but not worth that amount of money. If you really want a pillar drill (and have to say that I am no great fan of them) found them innacurate for any precision work. I will prob get hate mail on this statement but seriously dislike wood dust and shaveings in the workshop I keep some machinery in the garage for this.
There is loads of kit on the market at the moment look around
Bob

Thread: Complete novice
06/08/2013 08:11:46

Oh Paul sorry forgot to say Welcome, You have no profile but if you can get to the BSMEE Exhibition either on the 16th 17th or 18th of this month at Thornbury N/r Bristol, I will be demonstrating on the club stand and my B1 on display. 1/2 page advert in ME
Bob

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
walker midge
emcomachinetools
JD Metals
rapid Direct
cowells
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest