By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Springbok

Here is a list of all the postings Springbok has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Does anyone use the 'My Friends' feature of this forum?
02/10/2013 19:12:03

Hi ian
Is the young person who attemped to get us all to sign up to these social things now gone and the new lady MODERATOR who seems to be working for the company now in charge

Dainne please I would thank you for a reply.
Bob

Thread: Rowland Emmet
01/10/2013 17:53:54

look at this and then join...

**LINK**

Thread: New Look
01/10/2013 17:43:01

how dianne doese one become a moderator as it seems that someone with only 18 posts and have this

bob

Thread: colouring brass
30/09/2013 05:08:06

hi come down to my farm all free range bring a large shovel and you can have as much hen poo as you can take away F R E E..... (Hope people do not mind the smell in your car) will even give you some eggs
citric acid diluted is good.
Jason only do it if neighbours are out...

have fun
Bob

Thread: Created 240 years ago.
26/09/2013 09:23:50

i thought you may have found this years ago
have fun

i

Thread: is this all getting very expensive
19/09/2013 16:20:07

Well that is one way of looking at it, when I had my wooden hulled yaught, I went into a woodmerchants, in Bristol to get a few planks of teak, and on his counter was a notice
"Wooden hull boats all have a hole in the bottom where you pour money out" I did make very good friends with the old chap (I now should talk) Every time I went in he was sitting on his stool and there was another one the other side for a mate.I sat there many a time. I did sell the boat when my wife had a stroke and could not get onboard. Now building 5" loco's and it seems to cost the same ammount.
Terry
What would your wife consider not wasting money. What would she spend your hard earned dosh!

I consider myself a lucky chap as my wife enjoys our club meetings and visits to the club track.
Bob

Thread: PTFE or not
19/09/2013 15:48:57

Wow
Thank you all for your replys even had a member want me to send samples to his lab
I do not smoke have not done for 50 years,

Once again thanks
Bob

18/09/2013 11:47:28

Hi everyone I landed on about 7 kilos of plastic, rod, bar and block.
Mainly in white but there is black, blue.
Now I wish to give some if this away to variose club members but want to know what I am giving them, On one of the white bars is stamped BS EN 15860 but web site gives no info on if it is Nylon, Acetal, PTFE. Suspect it is Acetal as it came out of an engineering workshop. But would like to be sure.

I stuck a small block on the mill and it machines nicely.

Thanks
Bob.

Thread: Steam engine liveing hut
17/09/2013 09:35:42

Hi bazyle
I am presuming you are talking traction like fred Dibnah. Only been to a team fair once but did not spot one.
Bob

16/09/2013 09:30:45

I had typed in live steam in search box to see if anything new had been posted

Bob

16/09/2013 01:50:46

Hi everyone have a look at this, I have been watching in amazement
221280141113 on ebay
38 bids and up to 2k!!
Is there something I have not spotted.

Bob

Thread: Storage and shelving ideas
15/09/2013 12:04:44

hi Andy
look for a local skip where they are throwing out kitchen units clean them up and fix them to the wall. sounds like your walls are not breezeblock but thermalite. If so good solid fixeings are needed and not dare I say it but not B&Q it. a decent builders merchant. Now you can plan where to hang everything.
Good luck and very little dosh.
Bob.

Thread: Any spare Copper or Brass Shavings / Swarf
13/09/2013 01:59:37

Hi what are you planning to do with all this swarf a a large pile will only melt down into a little blob

Thread: petrol blowlamp
11/09/2013 03:32:32

Sounds very dangerous to me..
Bob

Thread: I need some silver solder
09/09/2013 03:37:09

Littlerik
Hi surely this is soft lead solder and not high melting point silver solder.

Bob

Thread: Account Closing
08/09/2013 15:24:23

Harold
It would be sad for you you to leave.
Bob

Thread: Posting Removal & Do you value your right to speak out ?
08/09/2013 15:20:41

MG
I accept your comments and fully agree with you, and Anna. If an item comes on the market, and it is what you want, and the price you wish to pay then purchase it and s*d them. It is a cruel big commercial world out there. I do not think that lot have learnt that yet., or are they going to go down the path of Mr Red Braces.

Bob

Thread: Disabled Model Engineers
08/09/2013 15:05:53

Thank you everyone so far but I do know about REMAP but I think it is time for members of this forum and ME to encourage people.

Bob

08/09/2013 07:33:11

Hi everyone
I was reading on another forum this morning about disabled ME's,
and I thought I have never seen a forum post or an article in ME about the subject.
So can I get the ball rolling, I have a form of Parkinson’s and have trouble (without all my little aids)
threading say an 8ba nut and bolt. (3/4 way through my build on a B1). My dad was the same but still got a model of a Glasgow Tram into the Kelvenside museum.
I use lots of little aids to help me and also have inherited Dad's gadgets.
I also inherited amongst other things a part built schooner, (I am still trying to work out how the hell he got these tiny rivets in).

Dainne; You are looking for new subjects for your ME well here is one

a) It may help our fully fit colleagues to understand a bit better.
b) Contribute to a hopefully lively discussion.
c) Quite a number of years ago I helped disabled people do wood turning and sell their items.
Sadly the unit is now part of a Liddles.

Bob

Edited By Springbok on 08/09/2013 07:34:53

Thread: First steaming of glr Tina
04/09/2013 16:48:52

look forward to that
Bob

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
emcomachinetools
Warco
walker midge
JD Metals
Eccentric July 5 2018
rapid Direct
cowells
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest