By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ken Weeks

Here is a list of all the postings Ken Weeks has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: I want to fit an ML7 top slide to a Super 7 cross slide
03/01/2017 16:16:48

I am renovating a Myford Super 7 lathe, part of this involves fitting DRO to the apron and cross slide.
The lathe has been adapted to enable the fitting of a Sherline 8 way mill column to the rear of the bed this restricts the clearance behind the bed.
The DRO system I am using is the BW Electronics draw wire system with the draw wire enclosed in a protective tube.
When the cross slide DRO is fitted the tube blocks access to the grub screw that allows the top slide to swivel.
To retain the ability to off set the top slide I would like to fit the earlier ML7 top slide. This would require a blanking piece making to fill the hole in the Super 7 cross slide with a hole drilled to locate the ML7 top slide.

Any thoughts, ideas. dimensions drawings especially with the position of the ML7 swivel hole would be appreciated,

Ken

Thread: Myford S7 saw table bits
02/12/2016 10:24:20

Thank you Alan

Ken

02/12/2016 09:32:19

Hi Alan

Thanks for the kind offer, I am sure I can fabricate something with the help of the picture and the saw table.

Ken

29/11/2016 15:24:14

I am looking for a fence and clamp for a Myford Series 7 saw table.

Has anybody any going spare?

Otherwise I do have an advert in the wanted section of the classifieds

Ken Week

Thread: Myford fourway tool holder info.
28/05/2016 21:45:56

Thank you Roy

Ken

28/05/2016 19:26:32

I have a Myford 1410 four way tool holder that is missing ths tool clamping screws.

Can anybody tell me what size and thread they are?

Thanks

Ken

Thread: My first (ongoing) project
24/12/2015 10:19:44

Hi All

Thanks for all the replies.

Rod interesting pictures first one I have seen with a horizontal boiler.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all.

Ken

19/12/2015 11:11:00

Thanks for the links Jason should keep me occupied

There is a Yahoo forum called 4L that is interested in logging and equipment. in the Pacific Coast Redwood forest's.

I posted the picture attached on the forum asking for the full size boiler dimensions, I was given these plus the information that the "making" of 1"=1' model had bee written up with drawings in the Modeltec magazine in the late 80's

After a bit of searching I have just got the drawings in my possession so I know have information on smaller details

Kensteam donkey for drawing.jpg

18/12/2015 23:22:47

Thank you both for you replies.

Yes Jason I agree if the engine had been produced the sledge would have been wooden.

Most of the pictures I have seen show the workings mounted on an I beam frame and then mounted on the sledge.

I am trying to produce a model of the 1862 patent drawing "somebodies thoughts" .

I was in two minds about how to make the sledge but felt that a model of an "idea" was allowed a bit of " license" and felt that a solid frame followed the drawing and was more substantial if I wanted it to run.

I look forward to your further input as the drawing is a bit lacking in detail.

Ken

18/12/2015 11:22:00

dolbeerus256553.jpg_igp8103.jpg_igp8101.jpg_igp8098.jpgI am making a model of a A Dolbeer Horizontal Capstan Steam Donkey Logging Engine using the 1862 patent drawing and a drawing of a similar engine with full size measurements

I have attached a few pictures.

Thread: compressor - automatic transmission ffluid
11/11/2015 11:50:02

Answered a question for me.

Ken

Thread: 110v transformer for compressor
11/11/2015 11:47:55

Thanks for all the help

Ken

10/11/2015 11:38:09

Thanks for all the info perhaps I should expand a bit,

The compressor is fitted with a yellow 110v plug so I assume it has run from a yellow site transformer.

The motor does not have any information on it.

It is not intended to run it for long periods, I got hold of it to supply compressed air to run a couple of small steam engines for my grandsons amusement. So fill the tank and run the engines refill as required.

Ken

"Never assume it makes an ass of you and me"

09/11/2015 20:11:04

I have a Fox 110v Side Stack Air Compressor.

The only information I can find for it refers to a Fox CF2600 Side Stack Air Compressor - 240v 2.5hp 16 Litre,

110v is an unknown quantity to me.

Would a 2.5 hp motor be used with 110v?

What Kva 240v to 110v transformer would I need?

Ken

Thread: Travelling steady bolt thread Super 7
24/10/2015 21:57:28

Thank you.

24/10/2015 16:00:39

Super 7 cross slide traveling steady mounting bolt.

What is the thread in the cross slide?

Thanks

Ken

Thread: Any ideas on this?
18/09/2015 12:21:28

Further to this.

I have found a reference in the April 1987 Model Engineer of a new Hemingway taper turning attachment for the ML7.

The description is of a partly machined kit with a ground guide bar with micro screw adjustment and a machined angle bracket it could be made to fit other lathes.

Has anybody information on old Hemingway kits?

Ken

Thread: Myford books
16/09/2015 15:23:24

How about the following?

Lathe Accessories - How To Make And Use Them By E. T. Westbury

Improvements & Accessories For Your Lathe By J. A. Radford

A Man and His Lathe by L. H. Sparey

Ken

16/09/2015 11:26:09

I have at last got my Myford Super 7/7R lathe working, it was assembled from parts I was given and used parts bought from e-bay it is a mk1, mk2 hybrid.

I have this book MYFORD SERIES 7 MANUAL which was useful during the assembly

Are there any other books by Sparey or Westbury that are specific to using a Myford lathe?

Ken

Thread: Any ideas on this?
08/09/2015 11:34:05

The Hemingway Mk2 kit is modeled on the Myford original, cannot find details of the MK1.

The angle casting has a possible trademark two interlocked C's one above the other with the bottom one reversed to make the two look like an S.

Ken

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
cowells
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest