By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for mechman48

Here is a list of all the postings mechman48 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Another Engine Build
08/04/2020 17:55:40

Nice start for a nice model,like the flywheel spokes.Have a look in my album ' Vertical cross engine' of pics of my build.

George.

Thread: What Did You Do Today 2020
05/04/2020 13:38:07

Fri actually; the PWM/speed controller for/off/rev. on my 'X' drive decided to give up the ghost, I did an elimination process to check out the supply, 240 - 12v transf. supply coming out =12v so that's ok. 12v supply in to PWM double checks transf. input, 12v. Out put on PWM = 0v confirms PWM is kaput.

Went on line & searched for new PWM/ speed controller, found one ( same model ) on eBay for £5.74p free del. expected del. date next Fri, in the meantime it's back to muscle power on the mill 'X' drive hand wheel.

George.

Thread: How can I remove this mould from painted surface?
03/04/2020 11:17:20

...he best product I have used for the removal of black mould and the staining it produces is 'Kilrock BLAST AWAY Mould Remover'. While I don't know what the effect might be of applying it on the painted surface of your telescope I have used on a variety of surfaces including emulsion paints, oil based paints, various plastic surfaces, silicon sealant, acrylic sealants, bare plaster and have not noticed any detrimental effects to any of these surfaces. That said one of its constituents is clearly a bleaching agent similar to normal household bleach probably sodium hypochlorite. Not only does it remove all traces of the mould, including any staining, it also seems to actively inhibit regrowth especially on the more porous surfaces.

+1... best stuff I've used for bathroom & kitchen mould along with all the above.

George.

Thread: New Mill
03/04/2020 11:11:38

Have a look at this...

**LINK**

Paraffin...?

George.

Thread: The good bits coming out of the Covid epidemic
03/04/2020 10:37:35
Posted by KWIL on 03/04/2020 08:39:05:

I have not had many nuisance calls anyway, perhaps they cannot find my number?

Give them time, they'll soon find it.I have registered with the Telephone Preference Service to stop these type of calls, fat chance, I still get the occasional attempt, & they don't leave any message when asked to by the answer machine. The b******s also try mobile # I just block the # if I don't recognize it, if it's important then they'll text.

George.

02/04/2020 14:41:38
Posted by Howard Lewis on 02/04/2020 14:39:08:

Does anyone think that credit will given to the engineering companies who have rejigged all their procedures and machines to make valves, ventilators and parts for them?

Howard

+1 & thanks to all those involved.

George.

Thread: Mystery Tool.
02/04/2020 14:33:42
Posted by Grenville Hunt on 02/04/2020 14:28:34:

I have an identical one for removing the pointers from pressure gauges!

+1 & for pointers of watches

George.

Thread: Arc Euro and Coronavirus
29/03/2020 13:46:50

Sad times but understandable; but when you think about it where do all/most of their supplies come from... China !! thinking

George.

Thread: Hello from Newcastle
28/03/2020 10:47:39

Welcome Steve. Just remember the adage ' there are no stupid questions, only answers you didn't know'... or words to that effect.

George.

Thread: Thread heading looking weird
28/03/2020 10:42:20

MichaelG...

Header fault is back again ! but only on this forum & when I use ' Edge '... I switched over to 'Chrome' & header fault has gone, what gives? all other forums I use with edge I don't have any faults... Confused & mystified. Has MTM got an issue with formatting?

George.

27/03/2020 22:37:45

Just as an experiment... I use win 10 + Edge browser no Adbloc set up, the header problem is only on this forum.I opened Chrome browser & noted there was an Adbloc icon in the top right corner of the address page, clicked on it to reveal an option block... turn off adbloc was one of the options, turned it off...Problem solved no fault in the header... so it was adbloc on the Chrome browser !. As Edge is now using Chrome base it may be worth others who have Chrome installed on their pc/laptop to do what I've done

George.

Thread: Warco wm250 with milling head attachment fitment question
27/03/2020 10:54:45
Posted by Sakura on 27/03/2020 10:49:14:

I would consider that a result!

+1, have had good after sales service myself.

George.

Thread: Buying online delivery problems.
27/03/2020 10:45:53

Royal Mail is still delivering, have had a couple of deliveries via courier ( Amazon & eBay ) plus postings from China. Well done to all delivery staff.

George.

Thread: What are you doing to stay safe
27/03/2020 10:41:06

Self isolating, having deliveries 'when delivery slots are available; non for 3-4 weeks' titivating the garden past couple of days. Keeping in touch with family via,'Messenger' + Whatsapp video calling. more time in the garage tidying up, 'FOUND' the garage floor, had forgotten it was a grey colour,went outside at 8 pm last night applauded the NHS staff.

Keep save every one.

George.

Thread: Any ideas please
26/03/2020 16:28:00

I don't rate those sonic devices; I have a neighbours cat that uses my back garden as its toilet, I bought a sonic device for rodent,small mammal, cats etc. repellent from a garden centre, the cat just looks at it & gives me the impression it's thinking ...Humpf! pah! & does its business anyway, so much for expensive sonic devices angry

George.

Thread: Thread heading looking weird
26/03/2020 16:08:32

I have the same problem...?

Geo.

Thread: Machine feet/mounts?
26/03/2020 16:05:41

Try these; I have 4 of the yellow type on my WM16 mill...

**LINK**

George.

Thread: Mute Microphone in Windows 10
26/03/2020 15:39:07

erratum...

Press Fn button & F1

George.

26/03/2020 15:05:46

My laptop has a sound mute icon button...F1- with a speaker & X... press control & this button- sound is muted.

George.

Thread: The Workshop Progress Thread 2020
25/03/2020 10:26:12

Thanks guys; Geoff, pic showing flywheel set up, set to run as true as possible with DTI, then machined the centre boss, front face, inner rim, drilled & ream bore, reverse & hold on machined boss after checking bore with DTI for concentricity,machine other side boss, rear face, inner rim & OD. Others may have a different set up.

1.flywheel machining 1 .jpg

George.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
Allendale Electronics
cowells
Ausee.com.au
emcomachinetools
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest