By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Limpet

Here is a list of all the postings Limpet has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: DraftSight no longer free
07/04/2019 19:31:57

Am I missing something or am I just "special" but my version of Draftsight is still fine even after having to re-download it about 2/3 months ago after a big PC crash ( total reload of everthing). No problems at all and no messagesasking for money.

Thread: Inverter
12/03/2019 22:17:24

I fitted a tec motor and inverted inverter to my lathe front inverter drive.com all went together nice and easy. The machine is much better to use

Thread: What Did You Do Today 2019
10/03/2019 08:03:59

Swarf, Mostly!

Thanks for the parts listing, useful info

V8Eng

I suspect the reassembly may take a little longer - the bedways look good so is worth the effort.

I may even put a few extras in like clutch, ball racees on the feedscrtews and DRO still deciding

Luckily I still have the DB8 to use until it goes when this is working.

I'll post up what's left over so was obviously not needed in the first place :0 :0 :0

09/03/2019 19:54:31

20190220_154845.jpg

Not just today but last week acquired this ML7, it needed a little TLC

20190309_113702.jpg

It's now in a lot of bits - anyone know how it goes together

Thread: Plastic Balls in Bearings?
24/02/2019 18:49:49

They've been using plastic, ceramic and glass balls in bearings for the photo processing industry lfor years, ight loads and corrosive chemistry

Thread: Drill sharpener
27/12/2018 20:55:18

Mark P

I also have the drill doctor and find it's hit and miss as to getting a good grind. But I must admit haven't persuaded it and it lies in the box on the shelf

Lionel

Thread: Pros and cons of owning an horizontal milling machine
10/12/2018 20:01:27

It looks like Axminster tools do a vertical/horizontal desktop mill the SU1 albeit much smaller than those shown

Lionel

Thread: Simple Vice Stop
20/10/2018 22:47:58

Now I've seen the pictures all is clear. Something for me to make hopefully next week

Many thanks for sharing Jason

Thread: New Mill - Starter Tooling
20/10/2018 20:05:09

I'll look forward to it Jason

Thanks Lionel

20/10/2018 10:06:44

Ron I believe they are to fix on the bottom of the vice so you can (supposedly) locate them in the table slot for easy alignment with the table, that's if they fit your table slots. I never bothered with mine preferring to 'clock'the vice in with a dial gauge.

Jason

I have just read your full jowett build and very impressed, also do you more details of you vice stop how it's fitted.

Lionel

Thread: A Big Treat coming for Readers of MEW
02/10/2018 15:09:09

I think one of the questions are how does Alibre atom compare with Fusion 360 considering the later is free. I'm wanting to use 3d cad and tried Turbocad (which I really found unintuitive) downloaded Fusion a couple of weeks ago but not done very much at all, is it worth getting or should I continue with Fusion. Oh what a dilemma

Thread: What did you do Today 2018
11/09/2018 12:54:32

Well I'm all smiles again as I turned on the pc and all is well. Ran several tests on the drive with nothing untoward showing, it looks like I'm getting due to a windows reinstall. When are they going to produce an operating system that's reliable. There's also no point in considering Apple or Linux as some of my software is windows only. B*##!y Bill Gates

Thread: Arc
11/09/2018 10:24:57

I noticed they were missing last night but thought it must be me, perhaps it's not meant sanity still reigns

Thread: What did you do Today 2018
10/09/2018 21:23:53

It must be the season of drive failures, my pc has just decided that my data drive is missing luckily I back up hourly and 2 hourly to two different drives so minimum loss if the drive has indeed failed but it could just be windows telling porkies, there's another day tomorrow all untouched to look at it. Don't ask why I keep backups!!!!

Lionel

Thread: Chester H80 saw quality?
06/09/2018 18:11:16

I've also had the H80 for a couple of years and apart from the normal 'upgrades' it has done everything I've asked of it, as previously mentioned get the bi-metal blade far better

Thread: Work done with limited equipment
04/09/2018 21:08:24

And don't forget the Antifkera machine made over 2000 years ago would definitely put me to shame. I can only dream at producing such things.

Thread: Never Throw Anything Away
03/09/2018 20:33:04

My misses reckons that I always have the right part to repair someone else's wotsit but never for her. How does that work

Thread: Drill Press Buying Advice
29/08/2018 20:19:44

I'll second or is it third the comments on Meddings drills I also have one from the 70s still solid as a rock. you may like to know that Meddings are still trading at Plymouth and they say still made there / here **LINK** not sure of pricing though I suspect not cheap. I can also vouch for excellent customer service when I got a return spring for mine. Usual disclaimer

Lionel

Thread: The Workshop Progress thread 2018
25/08/2018 19:02:05

I'm reckoning that the amount of projects that Jason has expertly completed he must have a display industrial unit to give them all justice. You can't help but admire the quality and quantity of his work.

Thread: 1.1 kW electric motor burns up..
23/08/2018 18:50:13

Hi Jens

When I upgraded my lathe to 3ph and inverter I used. **LINK** no problems at all

Inverterdrive.com 

Edited By Limpet on 23/08/2018 18:50:51

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric Engineering
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Sarik
TRANSWAVE Converters
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest