By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for James Lake

Here is a list of all the postings James Lake has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Parvalux motors
01/12/2021 00:27:20

very many thanks to all for the replies and suggestions. I think I will try parvalux for a suitable AC induction motor.

Thanks again

28/11/2021 12:52:11

So sorry, I seem to have left out the important bits. The motor plate is very faint and does not lend itself to photography. But here are details ; PARVALUX MPM11-0034/cont. W-2950707-11181

MOTOR TYPE: PM11 voltage supply 220/240 dc power 110watts current 0.64 speed 5000rpm

RATING CONTINUOUS insulation F thermal [TP] capacitor enclosures TENC type GB speed GB torque GB ratio

Part 1 BGM 1

this is all copied verbatum . Hz and Phase are mentioned on the plate but no values given. I purchased this motor direct from Parvalux as it appears to be the same motor that came ready fitted to my QUICK-STEP MILL, anyone familiar with these? I would realy like a much quieter motor perhaps along the lines of the one that is fitted to my Cowells 90ME lathe. Can anyone recommend a motor perhapsmwith simpler wiring!!!

26/11/2021 23:04:14

Hi, please can anyone help. I have bought a parvalux motor to power my Universal Pillar Tool as described by George Thomas.I need to power this motor through a inverter or converter of some sort to allow it to run from 240v ac mains. I would also like to have control over the speed so would need a potentiometer. Also I have a no volt release switch which I would like to use.

PLEASE could someone supply me with a circuit diagram complete with all the components detailed on it, with any numbers or electrical values detailed. I have tried Parvalux but they were not forthcoming, and as I have already destroyed one of these motors I am getting desperate. Needless to say all expenses will be met. Please help

Thread: Unimat 3 vertical milling column
20/06/2013 22:17:38

Now for a really daft question. Just obtained a Unimat 3 lathe in mint condition but also badly need a milling attachment for it. As they seem to as rare as hens teeth , I guess I'll have to make one. Please can anyone tell me how long this column is. Many thanks

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric Engineering
Dreweatts
Rapid RC
cowells
Eccentric July 5 2018
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest