By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Barry Purchase

Here is a list of all the postings Barry Purchase has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Q1 errors/changes listing?
15/03/2012 09:25:20

Hello,

If you look at 'Bolier Bushes' you will find some amendments to the Q1 bush thread sizes and more importantly to the requlator steam fitting bush on the front tube plate. This needs to be 22dia not 18dia.

Barry Purchase.

Thread: Boiler bush sizes
18/05/2010 20:50:29
Nick,
Many thanks. I will amend my copy of the drawing.
Barry.
10/05/2010 19:45:53
Nick,
Sorry to be a pain, but on the steam pipe bush on front tubeplate,Drg Q1-008-L006 & L007, the dimensions are 18m dia with 4 holes 6BA on 13mm pcd. On the regulator assy drg, Q1-008-L008, they are shown as 22mm dia with holes on 15mm pcd. Can you confirm which are the correct dimensions.
22dia would seem to be the correct size.

Regards
Barry.
16/04/2010 06:16:11
Many Thanks Nick.

Barry.
27/03/2010 20:56:53
Hi nick.

I have rev 2 of your drawings Q1-008-L006 and L007 as supplied by Polly and cannot find the flange depth for front tube plate, throatplate etc. Also fire hole is not dimensioned other than it being 24 long.
I'm having the boiler made for me, so may have more questions in the future.

Again, Many Thanks.
Barry.
19/03/2010 10:12:37
Thanks Nick. I will amend my copy of your boiler drawing. I think, also, that the dimension for the depth of the flanges is missing. I would think they are are about 10mm. Can you confirm.

Best Regards,

Barry
18/03/2010 11:44:54
The drawing for the boiler shows the thread sizes for the Blowdown, Clack, Water glass bushes and fusible plug as 1/4" x 26 tpi. Commercial maufactured Clacks and Water Gauges are normaly 1/4" x 40tpi.
Is there any reason why they can not be 1/4" x 40 tpi?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Meridienne Sept 2019
Warco
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric July 5 2018
TRANSWAVE Converters
Eccentric Engineering
ChesterUK
Sarik
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest