By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Meunier

Here is a list of all the postings Meunier has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chinese Electric Cars
05/07/2017 21:19:20

Colin, they obviously cannot tell if you are charging your car or running the electric mower/cooking/storage radiators, etc so the only way will be an annual tax on vehicle's KW rating, much the same as cars now pay 'Road Tax' rated by their emissions.

DaveD

Thread: Hello from Ireland
05/07/2017 20:32:22

Hi Jimmy,

Before I bought a WM18 on the basis that 'the heavier-the better' I had settled on the WM16B for the reasons you mention. Having said that, there are a lot of WM16 users on here with, as far as I can make out, few problems with the plastic gear stripping.

DaveD

Thread: Black 5 sorted at long last
03/07/2017 16:36:53

Congratulations Ron, I hope you get many happy hours of running, reckon you should get the perseverance of the year award and thanks to Julian and Ben for their help !

DaveD

Thread: What Did You Do Today (2017)
03/07/2017 16:31:53

Looks good here too - for one horrible moment I thought you were going to blame your V-block for something devil

DaveD

Thread: Ancient
26/06/2017 21:31:20

'Spotting' or 'snailing' seen inside some old pocket watches and on tooling, etc and when they were made, wasted where they would not be seen was not a part of the philosophy in those days. Whether that was commercially viable is another matter though (unless on a Bugatti, of course)

DaveD

Thread: Chain balance
26/06/2017 15:30:30

And here's another one courtesy of Gildings. HTH

DaveD

24/06/2017 20:41:36

@Martin P, maybe my weird sense of humour but thanks for the chuckle at going to Hitchin to have a tow-bar fitted !!!

DaveD

Thread: Cross drilling
20/06/2017 20:14:46

JasonB, thanks for the clear explanations, very useful for me. What electronic edge-finder do you use ?

DaveD

Thread: Vintage Record 112P Vice
19/06/2017 19:20:17

Hi Khurram, this **LINK** is working on restoring Record No 5&6 vices, may help

DaveD

Thread: Model Engineer awarded Queen's Birthday honour
12/06/2017 19:13:12

Hopper "Oh, well, what do you expect in a country that still does not have a national standard gauge railway with various states still sticking largely to their individual colonial gauges?"

With the previous comments in mind, does he build to 4&3/16th in gauge.?

DaveD, France

Thread: Model Engineers Workshop Lost The Plot
10/06/2017 20:41:01
Posted by SillyOldDuffer on 10/06/2017 18:20:22:

'Coffee Cup Sterling'. well...the base looked silver to me.

Daved

Thread: Outstanding Service
08/06/2017 21:18:32

Bazyle, I regularly order dog food, 2x15Kg sacks from Thirsk, (I think that's somewhere north of Birmingham...) and they are sent by DPD to SW France, tracked all the way, delivery notification with website to re-arrange delivery and I second you in saluting DPD's service, it's good to see a company get it right.

06/06/2017 21:21:01

AndrewJ, glad you managed to get some gliding in, it was the French National gliding Champs this (holiday) weekend locally but it was crap wx and Sat and Sun were cancelled. Think it was a bit better yesterday.

DaveD

Thread: Getting to be short sighted: Vision Magnification advice please
06/06/2017 21:05:27

Was at the dermatologist today for routine checkup of psoriasis and with this thread in mind, remarked on his mini-binoculars attached to his spec's and enquired if they were readily available. Yes, said he and showed me the Zeiss marks, they are but at around 2,000Euros - I think I'll be sticking with the Optivisors at DA5 strength ! Another recommendation for them.

DaveD

Thread: Braided hemp sash cord....
06/06/2017 20:06:38

Peter, take a look at braided hemp clock rope courtesy of Meadows&Passmore

**LINK**

avbl in 5mm. HTH

DaveD

Thread: Threaded shank milling cutters
03/06/2017 19:21:18

Thanks all for the feedback, any hesitations have been resolved, I will proceed with confidence (he says..)

DaveD

02/06/2017 21:29:00

Hi all,

Being a newbie to milling would like to know if there any drawbacks to using threaded shank milling cutters instead of plain shank cutters in ER25 collet chuck.

Thanks.

DaveD

Thread: S235JR steel
15/04/2017 15:10:40

Thanks for the comments and the info, a friend mentioned a fairly local stockist to check out; will give them a try first.

DaveD

14/04/2017 20:02:08

Hi all,

looking to order some steel for beginner projects on mill/lathe and note that Blockenstock only seem to offer S235JR in the bar/strip sizes required.

Lots of info on S235JR on the web, it's a 'drawn mild steel for construction', but unable to relate it to steels I remember. Has anybody used it and can report on its machinability ? Am looking for similar to EN1A(230M07/S250) free-cutting. Blockenstock will post at reasonable cost to my v.rural location and accept Paypal

Thanks. DaveD

Thread: ER-25 Chuck THD Engagement
20/03/2017 20:57:02

^makes sense now, thanks for that.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Rapid RC
Eccentric Engineering
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
Dreweatts
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest