By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Raymond Anderson

Here is a list of all the postings Raymond Anderson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Autodesk Vred.
05/08/2019 18:44:59

This pic is with the Lights and shadows "baked " and also some Ambient occlusion.kmw milled finish  re tesselated. 2.jpg

05/08/2019 18:36:17

This is a pic of a part modelled in Solid Edge and Rendered in Autodesk Vred Just trying to get to grips with Vred and ohh lordy.. it is a very steep learning curve !

I think the trick to get a good rendering is the " Lighting" and there are a mountain of adjustments that can be made in Vred. The Milled finish was created in Allegorithmic Substance Designer [ and thats an equally steep learning curve ] and that connects directly with Vred. Awesome software, but my god... difficult smiley. Although I will get there eventually !krauss-maffei wegmann.jpg

Thread: Locking Levers
05/08/2019 13:20:19

WDS [ as linked to ] and Good Hand. both excellent suppliers. and top notch makes

Thread: Guess the Chemical?
28/07/2019 07:05:15

No idea what it could be but... I know what it is not and that is... Chlorine Triflouride smile

Thread: Bottle labelling machine
24/07/2019 17:02:34

Excellent work, and even more so from [ going by your post ] someone fairly new metal bashing AND.. in 304.. not the easiest material to deal with. That's also another of the benefits of a good 3d cad system... no longer need to build expensive prototypes only to find something is amiss, can all be done within the software. even FEA /CAE. Keep up the good work thumbs up

Thread: Unsolicited email from SOLIDWORKS
06/07/2019 08:17:10

Charles Lipscombe, Solidworks is not the Industry standard for 3d cad... There is no such thing ! There are quite a few other Mid range offerings, ie, Autodesk Inventor, and Siemens Solid Edge. High end [ with price tags to match ] you could have Siemens NX, Catia, and Creo [ formerly Pro E ] I prefer Solid Edge but then that's just my preference.

Thread: HSS or CS taps and dies
24/05/2019 16:31:10

Castrol Variocut is a superb tapping compound very economical and easy to clean, results in very nice threads. I have about a litre left and I think it is possibly not available in UK now angry 2 . As for taps /dies I much prefer HSS to CS, Emuge Franken being by far the best taps I have used [ they don't do Dies ] Dies... I would say Walter, I also have Dormer, OSG and Guhring any of those makes will give long service.

Thread: 6" EME rotary table
06/05/2019 11:21:44

In reply to Dave [ sod ] would the table in question not be marked EMEC as in the illustration ? The table in question is marked EME just a thought.

Thread: Stainless Steel Metric Fasteners
21/04/2019 05:47:32

Accu, Fantastic range and superb service. I use them for all my fastener needs.

Thread: Siemens Solid Edge and VRED
07/04/2019 18:31:22

Hi John, although I'm fully conversant with Solidedge. I'm just starting out with VRed rendering software. I hope practice makes perfect 😂

Thread: DraftSight no longer free
07/04/2019 17:06:27

Duncan Webster you have a PM

Thread: Siemens Solid Edge and VRED
07/04/2019 15:44:25

new texture map on c to b.42.jpgtailstock die holder.jpgnew render for cto b .jpgBeen trying to get to grips with the above software Very powerful. I have Keyshot.. but this is a few notches above that. The pics are only of my "playing around " The 3d models were done in Siemens SolidEdge Wondered if any forum members have used VRED. Steep learning curve dont knowcolumn to beam grey primer.24.jpg

Thread: DraftSight no longer free
28/03/2019 14:50:56

Anyone looking for a good free 2d CAD programme should check out Siemens Solid Edge 2d. I used it a lot before I went to 3d Solid Edge.

Thread: file
23/02/2019 14:26:21

Agree with Peter F, Pferd are fantastic files. I have quite a few and some are years old and still cut very well even though they have seen a lot of use over the years. Top notch filesyes

Thread: Occasional usage Sand blaster
16/01/2019 17:19:19

Superb work [ as usual ] and welcome back to the forum, it will certainly be all the better with you back.yes

Thread: VFD recommendations
12/01/2019 07:14:50

I have 3 in use 1 Siemens, 1 WEG CFW08 and a Eurotherm 650 [ now made by Parker SSD ] all perform superbly and have done since each was installed [ many years ago.. try 2001 for the Eurotherm ] and circa 2007 for the other 2 . Cant comment on any other makes.

Thread: For discussing the merits of alternative 3D CAD programs.
25/11/2018 06:23:01

Tried many over the course... Pro E [ Creo ] Solidworks, Ironcad, Fusion 360, before settling on Siemens Solidedge. did get a try of Siemens NX but far far to powerful for me to learnteeth 2. I also have Alibre Expert which was my first Cad programme purchased when it was Alibre Design circa 2006. [ still on Maintenance as I like Alibre ]. Solidedge would be my favourite though. [ would have been even better had it been free wink 2

Edited for typo.

Edited By Raymond Anderson on 25/11/2018 06:23:54

Thread: Quality/Durability of milling cutters
17/10/2018 17:33:15

Dormer / Presto are certainly not top end far from it. I think they would be "mid range " compared to for example Emuge Franken, or OSG. They are still excellent even though I would put Clarkson ahead of Dormer / Presto. For our needs, any of the recognized production makes are very good.

Thread: Are you a Man or a Mouse When Milling?
06/08/2018 18:40:55

Most certainly a man if using the K&T 12mmm deep and 20 wide does not seem to bother it one bit, but most certainly more of a mouse if using the Chester LUX. depends on the machine in the end.

Thread: Thread cutting with carbide inserts
29/07/2018 07:20:10

Vargus GENius software is available [ free ] for either thread turning or thread milling. Tells you all you need to know about your chosen profile. You can specify the number of passes you want to make and it gives you all the depths ect Choice of Flank infeed or Radial infeed, cutting speed, rpm, ect ect. Although it is aimed at CNC it is so versatile it can be used for manual machines. I use it constantly, wouldn't be without it.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
Ausee.com.au
Advertise With Us
Warco
Meridienne Sept 2019
TRANSWAVE Converters
Eccentric Engineering
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest