By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Gunnar M

Here is a list of all the postings Gunnar M has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Spindle bearing Colchester Chipmaster
18/09/2018 19:57:11

Hi!

It's not from Global Bearing's in the UK. I am in contact with the company to be sure that it's the correct bearing. I will be back with the comapny name when i have received one, if i order it.

How mutch movement it was i can't remember. But i measure it with an dial indicator on the end of the spindle after i run it for abouth 20min. I just push it wiht my hand. I hear a knocking sound when i push from one side to the other. It get OK after i tighten it as described in the second message. But i am worried that the bearing is damaged since i was able to muve it and i got the knocking sound

Regards

Gunnar

17/09/2018 21:32:23

Hi Nick!

I have got a price for the front bearing 444.-€ + shipping. Yes they are expensive. The rear bearing 292.-€.

I open the side cower and loose the set screw on the c-spanner nut that are close to the gear 1087. Then loosen the c-spanner nut a littel.I then loose the set screw on the c-spanner nut that are close to the front bearing. Used a hammer and a brass bolt and gave the c-spanner nut some punch. I then manage to remove the clearence.

Gunnar

17/09/2018 20:49:06

Hi!

Is there anyone that have ever replaced the front spindle bearing on a Colchester Chipmaster? If so do you have the procedure for this?

I had some axial clearence in the front bearing. I try to tighten it and it get mutch better. But i think the bearing is worn since i used a lot of force to tigheten it. So i wonder if i shell replace it.

Gunnar

Thread: Cupronickel as boiler material!
30/07/2014 20:40:27

HI!

That gave me the total answer, never use Cupro as boiler material.

Thanks everyone for the contribution.

Regards

Gunnar

09/07/2014 17:31:41

Hi!

Is there anyone that have used "Cupronickel", copper-nickel alloy, as boiler tube and boiler material. Is this a good solution or is this something that i should avoid?

Regards

Gunnar

Thread: building the triple expansion engine in M.E.
01/06/2012 19:16:48

Hi!

I make a drwing for you, hope it help.

Crankshaft markings

Regards

Gunnar

Thread: Warco WM250 headstock lubrication
11/04/2012 15:30:11

Hi MoosE!

My bearing wasn't damage like your. I get more and more scattering when i use the lathe. So i tighten the nut on the drive side. It was realy difficult to tight it, use a lot of power before i get any change on the bearing. So when i start again it go well for about 30min. Then the bearing get a littel heat and i get a biggere resitens when turning the spindle. To loosen the bearing again it was so hard that i made a ters. It then get to loose so i was forced to remove it complete. I then do it same way as you, used a abrasive cloth. So i will mount it tonight and try again. Tank you for advice.

Gunnar

10/04/2012 18:50:49

Hi MoosE!

I have a problem simelar to yours. I have removed the spindle from the headstock, but the rear bearing is so tight on the spindle. So i haven't any possibillity to know how mutch force i put on the bearing when tighten the nut. Was this similar on yours?

Gunnar

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
TRANSWAVE Converters
Ausee.com.au
cowbells
Eccentric Engineering
Meridienne; London MES
Eccentric July 5 2018
ChesterUK
Warco
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest