By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mark P.

Here is a list of all the postings Mark P. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Motorcycle General Discussion
05/05/2017 18:55:58
Hello all, quick question what thread is used on Amal monobloc carbs (276) of 1957 vintage. As far as I can tell they are BA am I correct?
Mark P.
Thread: WM250 inverter conversion.
26/04/2017 15:49:50
Thanks for the replies. I have fabricated a pivoted bracket for the motor, I am going to fit a threaded adjuster for belt tensioning. Just waiting for my pullies and taper lock bushes to arrive.
Regards Mark P.
25/04/2017 16:48:23
Hello all, I am doing an inverter conversion and can't decide the best way to mount the new motor (80 frame).
I have removed the origional control box, but can't come up with a tidy mount for it. How has everyone done theirs? I realise I will have to drill and tap the lathe casting, should I fit the motor on a pivot for belt tensioning or solid mount it and use an idler arrangement for tensioning. Any hints/ideas welcome.

Regards Mark P.
Thread: Warco WM250
15/04/2017 14:06:11
Dusty are you there?
Mark P.
Thread: warco GH550, anyone bought one?
12/04/2017 13:34:23
Hello George I had a look a that earlier, looks good but...... would the GH1236 suit me better hmmm!
Mark P.
Thread: Project lathe.
11/04/2017 12:45:00
Hello all, would anyone be interested in a WARCO WM250 as a project? It does run but there is a problem with the speed controller, the lathe has been owned by myself from new for 9 years and done a sterling job. I'm sure someone could make use of it.Make me an offer but it will have to be collected from Lincolnshire.
Regards Mark P.
Thread: warco GH550, anyone bought one?
11/04/2017 10:34:51

Ahh now I've got a problem, just had a look at the GH1236 now this may a better bet,fitted DRO and camloc chuck and screwcutting gearbox for less than 3grand. Ok so it's a bit bigger but that can be catered for. Next question who has got one and what is their opinion of it?

Mark P.

11/04/2017 09:56:28
Hello George, thanks for the reply yes I'm wanting to move away from any electronic control. I've had my wm250 for nearly 10 years and it has given me great service, but in the last few months I have had to fit a new motor and control board it started playing up again yesterday so I think I should move to a gearhead lathe which should suit my needs hence the GH550 it's footprint is not much bigger than the 250 so will fit in my workshop plus it has a larger spindle bore.
Mark P.
10/04/2017 18:09:50
Hello all. I know that there was a thread on these sometime back, I am thinking of getting one to replace my WM250 if anybody has one I would like their opinion of it.

Mark P.
10/04/2017 17:54:42
John, just about had it with mine think it may be time to get a new one maybe a GH550. Have to see what Warco have to say.
Mark P.
10/04/2017 14:56:18
Dusty, wish I'd gone the inverter route, my lathe is playing up again. I was turning up a lump of cast iron bar only a light cut when "pop" and the lights went out! Changed the fuse (5amp) now it will only run at a minimum of 800RPM grrrr! Just waiting to hear from Warco. Only replaced the motor and speed board a few weeks ago.
Hope your problems have been solved.
Regards Mark P.
Thread: Brittania superheater
18/03/2017 19:13:11
Brian, could you not make up your own dummy pipe work and valves etc?I have made quite a few in the past, they were fairly straight forward to do especially if working from photos.
Sorry to hear about Doug.
Mark P.
Thread: Combined FWD/REV switch plus potentiometer for mill power feed.
07/03/2017 20:50:39
My valves must have warmed up faster Jason.😎
Mark P.
07/03/2017 20:40:37
Do you mean something like the volume control and on/off switch like on the old TV and radios?There are quite a few on ebay under potentiometer on off switch.
Mark P.
19/02/2017 18:37:04
Wish I'd gone the VFD route, would have saved myself a lot of cash.😭
Mark P.
Thread: Araldite to seal a tender tank
16/02/2017 20:04:05
Hi John, yes it works well, cellulose based, paint it on, on a well degreased surface give it a couple of coats and let it dry between coats. Work it well into corners if you can rough the surface up a bit first so much the better. It seems to stay a bit flexable so no cracking or flaking. Give it a try.
Regards Mark P.
Thread: What Did You Do Today (2017)
14/02/2017 16:46:13
Dave, many years ago I bought a "bargain bag" of nuts,bolts and assorted strange things in a closing down sale, nothing fitted anything. It must have lived in every house I lived in for 30 odd years.....binned it a couple of years ago!
Mark P.
14/02/2017 15:17:51
Had a clear up in the workshop, amazing how many tiny unusable of metal I save along with knackered nuts and bolts and general detritus which "maybe useful"!
Mark P
14/02/2017 14:54:51
Jason, I'd noticed that with mine, until it went bang last week!!
Mark P.
Thread: Einstein theory of relativity
13/02/2017 21:56:31
I know exactly what you mean Bill.
Mark P.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
JD Metals
cowells
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest