By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Baz

Here is a list of all the postings Baz has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: free to good home milling chuck
27/08/2017 16:19:10

Geoff, you have a PM

Thread: Taper attachment
15/08/2017 16:09:39

Easiest way of setting up a taper turn attachment is with slips and sine bar. All you need to do is clock the sine bar parallel to lathe saddle and the angle is spot on.

Thread: MEW 257
23/07/2017 10:55:27

Could somebody please be kind enough to tell me where I can find the Tom Senior Bearing Change article as advertised as being inside MEW 257.

Thread: Cheddar Valley Steam - is there a problem?
25/05/2017 19:06:50

David, I agree entirely with you, but what is the answer? Employ another boiler maker, so immediately you get in to PAYE, you have to offer them the workplace pension, give them 4 weeks holiday, that is assuming you can find one. If you stop taking orders there is a fear that you won't get work again when you need it. I can understand the head down and get on with it attitude, if you can ignore the phone calls etc you get more done. What is needed is a Public relations person to take the calls and keep all the customers happy, but they also need PAYE, workplace pension etc and don't increase productivity, also despite us all paying a couple of thousand pounds for our boilers I doubt if there is a great profit margin to cover these costs. I think we have to be thankful Tim is still trading, maybe not as efficiently as some would like, and having very extended deliveries, the only real alternative is to make a set of flanging formers and have a go yourself.

25/05/2017 13:57:11

Thanks David, that puts me in my place doesn't it.

19/05/2017 11:00:19

I have been trying to contact Cheddar valley steam via their website for the last month, all I get is server error 404. Haven't dealt with him since the days of Cheddar models, both Tim and Claire are lovely people, I hope they are OK.

Thread: Cutting a rack
15/03/2017 12:47:19

Andrew, yes it is to mate with an existing gear, thanks very much for the info.

Barry

15/03/2017 11:45:36

I need to cut a rack a couple of inches long. Can somebody please tell me how I calculate the pitch of the teeth? I have searched through all my books but they all seem to deal with cutting gears, no mention of racks.

Thread: Speedometer
02/03/2017 16:43:20

Minimag do a speedometer that they claim is suitable for locos and traction engines.

Thread: Query on Ajax locomotive and steaming ability
07/02/2017 12:42:57

I believe the Polly range of locos have aluminium smoke boxes and they seem to be alright, also all the ones I have seen don't seem to have problems with their paint adhering.

Thread: Sky tv
27/10/2016 11:13:36

Mick, Phone Sky and tell them you are cancelling your contract and going to one of the competition, they will most probably give you a new box just to keep your custom. Worked for my son in law.

Thread: Model Engineer Issue 4542 (2 Sept)
21/10/2016 12:24:37

Many thanks to Ketan at Arc Eurotrade for the copy of 4542 that he has very kindly sent to me.

Thread: magazine
20/09/2016 17:10:49

Any news or updates for those of us still waiting for 4542 to appear?

Thread: Cutting an Hexagonal hole
17/09/2016 09:59:46

I have recently purchased a Hemmingway rotary broaching kit, cost of around £40, as with all their kits all you need is included and clear easy to follow drawings. Made the tool over a weekend and using silver steel broaches it works very well, only tried it on steel and brass with 1/4 hex, 3/16 square and 5/32 square broaches. Plan on using it for loco boiler fittings and also to make some BA box spanners. No connection to Hemmingway apart from being a satisfied customer.

Thread: MEW 246 and ME 4543 Paper magazines delivery
15/09/2016 16:49:45

Ketan, My postcode is RG22 Basingstoke. Well impressed with your service, Tuesday night when I got in from the club meeting was an email from you saying something I wanted had just come back in stock, I ordered it from you Wednesday morning and got a one hour timed delivery slot for today. Excellent service!

15/09/2016 13:17:49

4543 arrived a few moments ago with Arc catalogue which I must admit is quite impressive. Still waiting for 4542 to appear though sad

Thread: magazine
12/09/2016 17:29:33

Glad that Pocket mags is sorted, just the missing print copies to sort out now, still waiting for 4542 in North Hampshire.

08/09/2016 17:15:36

Neil, you are wrong, it is not only George Ray who is without a copy of ME 4542, I am still waiting for mine. I contacted the subscription helpline on Monday and was told to leave it another day to see if it turned up on Tuesday so mid afternoon I phoned them again and they are putting another copy in the post for me.

I will let you know when one turns up here, hopefully before 4543 arrives

07/09/2016 09:15:56

Gentlemen, I contacted the subscription department yesterday afternoon, they cannot give any reason why 4542 is so late arriving but they promised to put another copy in the post for me, should arrive in 4 - 5 days. It would be nice if someone could tell us all what has gone wrong.

06/09/2016 13:01:34

Still waiting for my subscription paper copy of 4542 to arrive. I noticed that Smiths had a good stock on the shelves this morning, so what is going on? I thought that subscription copies were sent out before they were available in the newsagents. Can somebody please sort this out.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Tee London LMES 6th Dec
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
emcomachinetools
Ausee.com.au
cowells
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest