By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Baz

Here is a list of all the postings Baz has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: stamford show vandals
19/05/2019 16:19:30

I am lost for words, well printable words. The bas***ds should should be whipped and ideally then castrated.

Thread: Upside down reverse threading
14/05/2019 12:37:01

Ian, totally agree with you, clue is in the name Drill Chuck. Seems that people don’t want to believe lathe chucks unscrew when run in reverse and drill chucks aren’t to be used for milling, only way for them to discover these basic truths is to have an accident and either scrap the job or Injure themselves.

Thread: Form Tool Sharpening
10/05/2019 08:57:33

Bit of brass or Ali held in pillar drill chuck and run slowly with a finger full of valve grinding paste and then present the tool at a slight angle. In a couple of minutes you will have a narrow band finely ground, a quick stone on the top and the jobs done.

Thread: Fobco Star Modifications
09/05/2019 17:28:30

I have got a floor standing fobco star and it doesn’t have any wind up mechanism, so not essential to have.

Thread: Shackerstone - Battlefield Line - Outside storage
07/05/2019 11:42:12

They should be ashamed of themselves, a pot of grease and a few tarpaulins don’t cost that much.

Thread: 6" EME rotary table
03/05/2019 19:17:38

EME I think is Elliott Machine Equipment, good quality British tooling dating from late seventies to early eighties. A finger full of Castrol LM grease on worm and wheel will do no harm at all.

Thread: 1959 Nsu quickly
03/05/2019 09:06:49

Late sixties to early seventies I had a Berini M22 along with a BSA winged wheel and a couple of cyclemaster, when I got married and left home the old man, who knew the price of everything and the value of nothing took them all up the tip.

Thread: Gib on abwood
02/05/2019 16:10:17

Just checked my vice and the pin is 3/16 diameter.

Thread: ST governour
01/05/2019 11:30:26

Why not screwcut it almost to size and then use the die to finish to size.

Thread: Gib on abwood
30/04/2019 22:12:23

Peter F if memory serves me correctly the zeroing pin is parallel, it is just a plain reamed hole.

Thread: Poor finish using indexable lathe tools on steel
15/04/2019 22:16:30

Could also try a drop of coolant or neat cutting oil

Thread: Copper for boiler construction
15/04/2019 10:59:21

Forgot to say that the good thing about c of c is full traceability right back to the foundry that made the material so it can be tracked to a large stockholder who sold some on to a smaller stockholder who sold it to the bloke you buy it from, traceability provides countless jobs across various industries and is essential fo medical and aerospace companies, but not for model engineers!

15/04/2019 10:44:18

Paul M, a receipt only proves that you paid for it, a Certificate of Conformity states what material and what spec it is. My understanding of boiler regs is that you do not need certificates of conformity for any copper boiler only for steel boilers, a few boiler inspectors go over and above the regulations, which is wrong, we have a book of rules and they should be strictly adhered to. Totally agree with Phil H, it will be a minefield for our suppliers providing traceability of materials, imagine purchasing a large sheet of copper, it arrives from supplier with a c of c, you have to uniquely identify the material and link it to that c of c and every time you cut a piece off for a customer you have to provide a photocopy of the original c of c to the customer - you, and you would then have to do the same in your workshop, no good just chucking that bit of copper in the corner with all the other bits, it would need identifying and linking to its certificate, a bl**dy nightmare.

Thread: Moving from Warco WM180 to a Myford ML7B ?
11/04/2019 16:45:36

Totally agree with Mick B1, also a lot depends on the persons abilities turning the handles.

Thread: Moving to Australia - Moving Workshop Machines
11/04/2019 14:40:21

The dealer says very nice condition, obviously he walks around with a white stick and a guide dog, I counted at least 50 drilling’s in the table, that makes it used and abused.

Thread: Machinery Directive and CE marking
08/04/2019 08:57:44

Hopper, excellent video, got me wondering if I can adapt my slotting head for wood splitting!

Thread: Chinese dovetail cutter
07/04/2019 20:50:04

Only one way to find out!

Thread: broken calipers
03/04/2019 15:13:18

Why not buy a pair of best quality Chinese callipers and use the spring from them?

Thread: What Did You Do Today 2019
30/03/2019 17:03:34

Can you crimp or solder on about 1/2 of thin wall brass or copper tube to the end of the Bowden cable to stop the fraying?

Thread: Have your fathers habits rubbed off on you. Just for fun
30/03/2019 12:21:34

My father was also very domineering and opinionated, so was my mother, childhood was total s##t for me, one of twins but brother died at very young age. Ended up working in same factory as the old man but in different department and nobody would speak to me, month trial period was due to end any day so I went into office and told foreman to shove his job where sun don’t shine, his reply was that he was very sorry for way I had been treated but my old man was universally hated in the factory and they dreaded having another one like him, he said that now they knew I was different things would improve, I stayed another 3 years until made redundant,

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Warco
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
Ausee.com.au
Allendale May 19
Eccentric Engineering
emcomachinetools
Sarik
TRANSWAVE Converters
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest