By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Richard Marks

Here is a list of all the postings Richard Marks has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Poor websites
26/01/2021 21:07:50

Bill

Look on youtube for a steam raising blower and there is a video of how to make one, I made one roughly following his plans and it was not diificult and I had most of the bits in the junk box.

Thread: Drawing for a whistle
12/01/2021 15:10:57

Try Kennions

Thread: Free inserts.
12/12/2020 14:16:56

Me too Mr Stephen Sir.

Thread: Jim Cox's books on Electric Motors
10/11/2020 21:52:35

When I was an apprentice back in the early 60s I would have the job of disposing of all the unrepairable and scrap tvs etc, the shop was next to an old bombsite so on a saturday afternoon there was an enormous bonfire of cabinets etc and all the tubes were lined up against the far wall screens facing forward and a few rocks made a mess of them, nobody complained or said anything as it was where everybody dumped there rubbish. eventually in the late 60s it was made into a car park fortunately the shop had closed by then and I had moved on so they didn't have anyone to blame for the piles of junk. just a thought, does anybody remember the horrible smell of a burning horsehair mattress, absolutely evil stink.

10/11/2020 17:08:04

John

An engineer I worked with was working on a set with one these and he left the shielding off as he worked, the next thing an ambulance was called and he was taken to hospital with severe radiation around his mid section, although he survived he was unable to perform with his wife afterwards, I had to go and sort out the TV out and the fault turned out to be a fault in the focus circuit.

10/11/2020 13:42:01

John

I remember the days when I would change a 26" CRT in the front room of a customers house, fortunately my car was big enough to fit the boxed tube on the back seat, does anyone recall seeing a car go past with a white thing tied to its bumper because it wasn't allowed inside the car because of the stink from it, it was the EHT tripler which powered the tube.

Thread: Thank you Arceuro
27/10/2020 15:55:15

I get the same Excellent service from EKP.

Thank You EKP

Thread: Cleaning emergency !
02/08/2020 13:56:01

Go to a Good tyre dealer and ask for their advice, ( not Kwik Fit )

Thread: Martin Cottrell
25/07/2020 16:42:40

NO replies, NO info, NO chainsaw, I looked on gumtree and there was a similar electric chainsaw for sale, second hand, blade needs sharpening for £10 not far away from where I live so I bought it and it will do the job.

22/07/2020 10:33:35

He's been offline since the 15/04/20, does anyone know why?

21/07/2020 13:38:20

Back in April this year I got an offer from a member named Martin Cottrell who lives in West Somerset of a free Electric Chainsaw, due to the current lockdown I could not collect it, I replied to his email through the Model Engineer site but heard no more, I have sent emails to his personal address of aol.com but have had no replies, I shall be in that area soon so I need a telephone number and address to collect it,I can be contacted on dickmarks@tiscali.co.uk I would appreciate an answer asap.

Kind Regards

Richard Marks

Thread: Press Button Oilers?
25/06/2020 17:35:36

6mm from ArcEuroTrade

Richard

Thread: What Did You Do Today 2020
23/05/2020 14:13:30

Made this a while ago for a friends grandchild, now made another one to be raffled for a local charity and still making toys for friends kids.p1010962.jpg

Thread: First grandchild, which book?
18/05/2020 10:02:50

Trustee from the Toolroom by Neville Shute

Thread: Speedometer Ratios
05/03/2020 15:58:33

Many years spent as a Speedometer engineer and Calibrator of all models and Police instruments in the 60s means I should know a little bit about them, as I said before run it at 800 rpm and note the results to see if it is accurate, if not send it to a calbration company to get it checked.

05/03/2020 12:41:30

Odo and speed indication will be matched by internal gearing, so if you drive the instrument at 800 revs it will show 60mph and one mile will be added to the odo in one minute.

05/03/2020 10:43:46

Calibration is 800rpm to show 60mph, speedo should indicate 60mph at 800 revs cable speed.

Thread: Old Computers - why do people bother
31/01/2020 14:52:15
Posted by Circlip on 31/01/2020 12:01:50:

Vinyl seems to be making a comeback for "True" audiophiles (together with the clicks and pops and k******d diamond tips) and someone has actually thought of resurrecting cassettes.

Regards Ian.

Unfortunately modern vinyl is no better than a cd as it would be made in a digital form

Thread: Additives to kerosene for degreasing?
30/10/2019 17:16:10

Brake cleaner from toolstation removes everythingthumbs up well almost.

Thread: Surely it's not just me
23/09/2019 13:16:25

EKP have 6ba x 3/4" SS bolts advertised in their catalogue but not on their website, maybe I should get some of those and get the rotary table out and reduce the heads in the mill hopefully.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
JD Metals
emcomachinetools
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest