By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mogens Kilde

Here is a list of all the postings Mogens Kilde has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Watch manufaturing
21/01/2011 15:36:57
Hello to All.
I found this gem on youtube::
Mogens
Thread: Mild Steel as material for gears
16/12/2010 20:23:21
Hej Jens

Nu kommer jeg fra Danmark, så norsk skulle ikke være noget problem

Sorry !
What I wrote to Jens, was that I'm from Denmark and will have no problem in reading Norwegian text.

I was able to get this book from my labrary also - this forum is simply great

Thank you all

Regards
Mogens 
16/12/2010 16:17:25
Hello Sam

Thank you for the words, I allready has found a lot of comfort in this forum, and I'm sure I'll come back here a lot.

My next step in the process of building a clock will be studying as much material as I can get hold off, before I start in the workshop. This evening I'm going to the library to pick up the books recomended by Jens Skogstad

For now I'm unsure wether the first attemp will be of a known design, or if it will be of my own design.

Regards
Mogens 

13/12/2010 17:11:29
Hello to all of you.

Thank you for all your support.

I'm aware that the beat (lenght) of the pendulum will give a clock its working speed and thus the movement of the dials, so a recalculation of the gearing will be nessasary.

I have ordred the book suggested by Jens, thank you.

I'll bear in mind to use different material in meshing wheels.

Regards
Mogens 
12/12/2010 19:08:42
Hello Tony and Norman

Thank you for your reply.

I'm working on the 15 day skeleton clock article by John Parslow,  from the ME issue 4233 and forward.

I would however like to make a clock a little lower in overall height, but I'm a little unsure about the pendullum. I suppose the beat is proportional to the lenght, but if the pendullum is going faster, like 288 beats, will it be impossible to make the escape mechanism work ?  

I getting hold of some books on the subject of clock making, but I have also found some suggestion on books in this forum, so maybe I will have check out these also.

Mogens

Edited By Mogens Kilde on 12/12/2010 19:09:09

12/12/2010 15:05:58
Hello Folks

As I'm having to have a break from making Steam Engines, I'm considering a project of making a clock.

Mostly (allways) I see that the gears is made from brass, why is steel not used for clocks, is it estetic reason or will it be a problem to use steel ?

regards
Mogens 
Thread: Paint Brush
17/11/2010 15:31:33
Hi David

I'll try to brew an article and send you

Regards
Mogens 
Thread: James Watt Steam Engines
17/11/2010 15:12:24
Hi Anders

My very first engine was build from these plans :

Regards
Mogens 
Thread: Paint Brush
14/11/2010 21:28:52
Hello Folks

I've just finished my latest project, a paint brush I believe will come in handy for future model projects.

The CAD :

And the finished tool :

Regards
Mogens 
Thread: Milling In The lathe
02/11/2010 21:35:27
Hello Paul

I have been making all of my miling work on my lathe for years, and have never been using anything but the 3 jaw chuck to hold my end mills.

When milling in the lathe you can only make very light cuts, like 0,3 mm at each run.

All my models have been made with work from my lathe, you can see my models at :

Regards
Mogens

Thread: Paddle Steam Engine
02/11/2010 15:39:17
Hello Jens

Thank you for your comment, that I'm sorry to say, I just discovered now.

I think you are right about the self starting issue, but I just give the shaft a little push, must think about this in my next design.

Regards
Mogens

Edited By Mogens Kilde on 02/11/2010 15:39:49

Thread: Paddle Steamer Engine
30/10/2010 21:26:10
Hi Neil

I have used mild steel and brass for the parts of my engine.

The steam valves is round slide valves, as I'm running the engine on air I have not been concerned aobut glands around the slide valve rods, the air will simply escape in front and back section of the slide valve rods.

I'm having some problem in the timing of the valves, so I'm having a minor break in the project, just to maintain a good spirit, for the moment I'm working on an "Air Brush Painter"

Regards
Mogens

Edited By Mogens Kilde on 30/10/2010 21:28:55

Thread: Paddle Steam Engine
10/09/2010 19:17:32
Hello to all.

My current project is a two cylinder engine, I would like to show my current stage on the project here :

Below you can see my CAD of the (hopefully) finished project

Any form of comments is more than welcome

PS!  Must start to upload images instead of the anoying links

Regards
Mogens

Edited By Mogens Kilde on 10/09/2010 19:20:03

Thread: Identify clock
22/09/2009 15:36:03
Hello Roger

Thank you very much.

Been looking around on www, and found that Gustav Becker have made very many kind of clocks.

Thank you again

Mogens
21/09/2009 20:41:38
Hi All

Is it possible to indentfy my clock by looking at the mark that is shown in this photo

On back of the train is stamped "mod 1915"

Thank you in advance

Mogens

Edited By Mogens Kilde on 21/09/2009 20:42:58

Thread: Test run Triple Expansion Engine
12/08/2009 16:27:31
Hi All

I would like to introduce all to a video of my first test run that I did last night on my latest project

Any comment is welcome

Mogens

Edited By Mogens Kilde on 12/08/2009 16:28:45

Thread: Denford CNC milling
26/07/2009 23:36:57
Hi Richmond

Thanks for the link.

I believe I will drop my plans on the Denfod machine as many indications point out that the Denford machines is not for individuals.

Thanks again to all, that has given me feedback on this issue

Mogens
26/07/2009 16:05:30
Hi

Sorry for not replying before, but I have just been on an one week vacation in Germany, a great site at Willingen near Kassel.

I think I should contact Denford by mail.

Bob ! Do you remember the aprocimate price of their milling machine, maybe like the  2600 pro

Thank you for the answers until now.

Mogens
18/07/2009 18:36:42
Hi Bob

Did you buy the machine for education use  - or as a private user ?

I'm living in Denmark, so it will be a little difficult to pick it up my self.

I could of course mail the company and ask, but would also try to hear other users experience with their machines

Mogens
18/07/2009 14:09:42
Hi to all

Just signed in today, at this very nicely build website.

Has been a subscriber to the MEW magazines, but found it hard to find the time to work with all the interresting projects,maybe I will join again later.

Well back to my question

Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain machines from Denford, as a private home shop engineer ?

Thank you in advance
Regards
Mogens Kilde
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Allendale Electronics
Ausee.com.au
cowells
Warco
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest