By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Trevorh

Here is a list of all the postings Trevorh has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Warco WM 16 Read out conversion
16/04/2018 16:49:26

Thanks for the replies

cheers

16/04/2018 12:21:37

Hi Mick, as and when I remember yes but I still don't seem to get a very long life out of it probably a couple of months at a go, have been fitting Duracell - not sure how long they have been of the shop's shelf

To be honest I haven't monitored its life but will when I fit the next battery

are there better brands that offer longer life spans?

cheers

Edited By Trevorh on 16/04/2018 12:22:06

16/04/2018 12:05:58

Hi John,

Thanks for that, its on the CR2032 type coin cell

The only problem I have is understanding what you have described as not electronically competant

electric's I can handle

thanks

16/04/2018 11:55:46

Hi,

I have a Warco WM16 VS and wanted to know if anyone has changed or converted the battery depth read out to mains

As typically happens every time I come to use the Mill and want to set a depth of cut the Battery has died on me - starting to get fed up having to keep buying batteries

capture.jpg

Any comments welcome

Thanks

Edited By Trevorh on 16/04/2018 12:03:34

Thread: Advice on Belt Tensioners
12/04/2018 10:58:02

Hi Barney, once you decide on how it will be secured, to get the correct belt tension as with most things these days there is now an APP for your mobile phone that can tell you when the belt - any type of belt is correctly tensioned

all you do is pluck it like a guitar string - the phone listens to the vibration, calculates its hertz frequency and translates it to tension/force

app is called Gates Carbon Drive and is free, I was a little sceptical at first but it does work, the belt manufacturers list what the correct frequency needs to be

Try it and see

cheers

Thread: Warco Major or WM16B
19/02/2018 15:49:38

Hi Lionel,

I have the WM 16 just coming upto 1 year old and very happy with its capability as well as the length of the table

I liked the fact that it has the square column but also has the tilt facility, I had the extra long Table fitted to it

only negative is I wish i had fitted a power feed but maybe later I will

cheers

Edited By Trevorh on 19/02/2018 15:51:46

Thread: Aluminium Billet
19/02/2018 11:56:58

Hi

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, I have parted off as much as I dare and have now transferred it to the band saw

all going well

next I hope to finish it with a modified coping saw - basically fitted a course hacksaw blade to the holder

once done I can then return it to the lathe for facing and a light cut to true it up

thanks again

15/02/2018 17:28:26

Many thanks to all for the constructive suggestions

I will try them and as a last resort find a local eng co to help

Thanks again

15/02/2018 12:23:30

Hi Emgee,

wish I knew someone who has that kind of equipment

15/02/2018 12:21:46

Hi John, I was thinking along the same lines, the only other option I am considering is if I can get a large dia slitting saw that I can put on my Milling Machine.

Think its going to be a combination of all of them at the moment

cheers

15/02/2018 12:10:42

I have 2 aluminium Billets 176 mm O.D by 150 mm long and I need to "slice" off a piece 25mm thick

they are too big to use any of my parting tools

they are too large a diameter to use my band saw

Any idea's as I don't really want to spend my life facing off down to the correct width

Thanks

Thread: New Lathe Problems advice needed
20/11/2017 13:02:01

When I was involved with the accreditation there was simple rule to follow

"say what you do and do what you say"

it was that simple until you had to produce standard operating procedures for everything, but again once you actually understood what the work force actually did it wasn't so bad to document it

one of the hardest jobs was controlling it all - stop the workers from doing their own thing because they thoughtit was abetter way.....

Thread: Which collet chuck for a Warco GH1236 lathe
02/11/2017 14:11:09

I have the 1224 Warco and after asking on here I took on Jasons advice and went for the 5C range and haven't look back

I was lucky in that I purchased a full set from Warco including the collet chuck already mounted for a good price and haven' t had anything yet that I couldn't hold

The bonus is having the square and hex holders as well

cheers

Thread: 2040 deadline for Diesel and Petrol cars.
26/07/2017 11:08:34

Seem to be missing the point, they will ban the SALE of NEW fossil fuel cars 2040 BUT what is the life of a current car 15 maybe 20 years so now we are talking 2070 before we fully covert

AND that assumes the alternatives can be developed in a similar time frame

example how many batteries does it take to power a 40T truck from lands end to john o groats, how many recharges

don't think our generation need worry just yet

So you can forget Ni Cad its now more like Ni Impossible

Edited By Trevorh on 26/07/2017 11:10:03

Thread: Fitting DRO to a WM16 Mill
23/03/2017 13:35:56

Hi Dave

Thanks for that Link, Looks like I know what I will be doing this weekend

Cheers

23/03/2017 10:16:36

Just to let you know I have uploaded photo's of where I was able to install the M-DRO onto the WM 16

Hope it helps others

Thanks

Thread: Fitting DRO to Warco GH1224 Lathe
17/03/2017 14:02:18

Thanks for that Gary, gives me an idea to work with

cheers

17/03/2017 11:19:59

Hi Gary

that's really useful, what about along the main axis are there any issues?

How have you run the cables in order to keep them from snagging

thanks

trevor

17/03/2017 10:57:58

I will try to photo where I install the DRO this weekend

cheers

16/03/2017 14:06:45

Hi Andy

Thanks for that I guess that fitting it that side on the cross slide also keeps it clear of the travelling steady mounting

cheers

Trevor

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
walker midge
emcomachinetools
Warco
Dreweatts
JD Metals
rapid Direct
cowells
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest