By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for KWIL

Here is a list of all the postings KWIL has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: dripping tap
21/09/2021 17:33:11

Since this is the cold water tap it could well be that the incoming water contains "particles" that are water mains born and need to be filtered out.

Thread: Not enoughh CO2 ?
21/09/2021 10:30:01

The bottomless pit of subsidies to state owned assets? No not again.

All we need now is for Mr P to stop gas supplies.

Thread: Back to Imperial
17/09/2021 18:50:22

Plywood being yesterday's product is no doubt still made on imperial sized machinery?

Thread: Multimeter recommendations
10/09/2021 11:28:56

I bought my AVO8 (Tropical version) in 1959 brand new and it cost me the princely sum of £55. Still going strong today.

Replaced the leads and clips for later versions. Works for me. Throw away cheap meters have their uses however.

Thread: Read the small print
07/09/2021 09:13:27

Even with a torque wrench you can have trouble. Once had a wheel refitted after a wheel rebalance by the mechanic using a digital readout Snap On. Checked it when I got home using my click type torque wrench. No could undo.

Drove back and had to have same mechanic do it again.

It might have a digital readou or click but a gorilla can simply pull it past the set point whatever they use.

Thread: UK fires up old coal power plant as gas prices soar
07/09/2021 09:02:28

When the wind does not blow there is plenty of alternative hot air about. Mind you not much good for generating power.

Edited By KWIL on 07/09/2021 09:02:44

Thread: A stark reminder to leisure cyclists !
05/09/2021 14:30:26

North bound on the M6 years ago I came across (and missed) a neatly folded LARGE tarpaulin, shortly after I passed a police patrol car and had the "fun" of pulling him over to report it. He radioed for backup to recover it.

Thread: Whirlpool cooker
02/09/2021 19:37:17

A source of replacement Whirlpool halogen elements for a hob would be most usefull.

Thread: Keeping fit and the economy
20/08/2021 10:13:10

Interesting translation of "out of sight, out of mind" = blind idiot

Thread: Consequences of Machining Cast Iron
13/08/2021 20:51:12

Always wear a mask when machining cast iron, the carbon particles are vey fine and not good for your health.

Thread: GigaFactory
10/08/2021 10:49:28

Paul,

Seems like a lack of "Systems Engineers" who understand the overall principles and too many "my box" experts.

Thread: Pythagorean Triples … in Babylon !
05/08/2021 10:58:28

Thank you Micheal.

Thread: Taps and Dies
13/07/2021 23:22:56

I have never bought a Tap & Die set, just buy the ones you need when you need them, but you must plan ahead so you have them to hand. Spiral flute for first choice. Spiral taps feed the swarf out rather than trapping it in the flutes = less breakages.

Thread: HydroVane PR303E question
12/07/2021 10:46:58

Tiger, yes but I run mine attached to an old red floor standing fire extinguisher

Thread: The Workshop Progress Thread 2021
30/06/2021 10:22:57

I remember being at a Club meeting (as a visitor) when we were reviewing some milling cutter costs. One member commented that he could not afford such prices, did not like it one bit when I suggested that perhaps he was into the wrong hobby.

Thread: tool post stud
25/06/2021 13:53:38

The original toolpost stud must have been changed before you acquired the lathe. My M7 has its original stud and I have a 4 way block which uses it. The Myford Quick Change block is also Ok on it.

Thread: To ER is human but ER collets could be divine
19/06/2021 12:16:39

Things bought from Arc Euro will also be fine, good supportive supplier.

Thread: George Thomas retractable slide for the myford.
18/06/2021 10:00:48
Posted by Ady1 on 18/06/2021 07:47:25:

There is also a lifting type which can be used with a motor that reverses and no retraction is required between cuts, clever stuff

If you are looking to speed up screwcutting a reversing motor switch should be your number one priority

Or alternatively you could make a Graham Meek style leadscrew reversing clutch and have the motor continue to run in a forwards direction.

GHT style retractable slide is, I find, very useful indeed.

Thread: Some rather crass “Model Engineering” from Mercedes
13/06/2021 10:06:27

So good german engineering rusts rather well in actual practice, which of course we already know.

Thread: German Tec
10/06/2021 16:33:41

Revenge for leaving?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
walker midge
cowells
Dreweatts
JD Metals
Eccentric July 5 2018
emcomachinetools
Warco
rapid Direct
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest