By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Paul White 3

Here is a list of all the postings Paul White 3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Multi page threads.
24/05/2018 14:39:17

NDIY,

Fully agree, perhaps someone in authority will take note and save all our keypads some wear and our time wasting.

24/05/2018 13:17:11

Bazyle & Dave (SOD),

Thanks for your input, problem now solved, I'll take my grumpy hat off.

Dave, the fact that you can't win is well established in my experience.

Edited By Paul White 3 on 24/05/2018 13:18:27

24/05/2018 12:22:17

Ady,

Many thanks for your short precise response.

I cant make your link work, can you please expand on the action required of me?

Paul

24/05/2018 11:02:50

Grumpy hat on: Neil or other knowledgeable person.

I have noted that with some multi page threads selecting the thread brings up the latest page with the posting, this would seem to be the obvious desire of the of the person selecting the post.

This is by far the exception, most threads take the enquirer through a series of actions to get at the latest post in a particular thread.

Can the enquirer change all threads to always go to the latest post, as would be, in my opinion the ideal?

Here's hoping.

Paul.

Thread: Repurposing a 25cc strimmer engine
15/05/2018 12:34:28

I would like to thank all the respondents to this thread for their time and sharing of experience.

The net of information seems to be trial and error as the method of setting. This I shall have to use as

the procedure I adopt.

Thanks to all.

Paul.

13/05/2018 15:40:33

Vintagengineer, Thanks for your very fast response to my cry for help.

The problem I have is not understanding how the cdi unit is fired, at what position the flywheel magnets need to be relative to the metal core of the cdi. Does the statement of "-setting the cdi just after the magnet" mean the back end of the passing magnets aligning with the back end of the cdi core.?

13/05/2018 14:44:37

In the amazing pool of information within this forum can anybody help me with setting the timing on a 25cc petrol ex strimmer engine

. The motor suffered failure of the ignition unit, a DIRECT replacement being unavailable a replacement unit has been obtained but has a different mounting thus the usual -just screw on the new one , does not work.

I have done a web search but cannot find how the cdi unit is positioned relative to the flywheel magnets on these motors.

All help gratefully received.

Thanks Paul.

Thread: Vintage lathe meets 21st Century
11/04/2018 09:33:06

John, Not wishing to be pedantic but I think you have one" C" to many . NC does the job, see Joe Noci mod to his EMCO.

regards

paul.

10/04/2018 11:36:44

Hello Andrew.

I am also a mover into the next century of old equipment capability. I'm very impressed by your drive system, can you give more detail of motor and inverter.

Many thanks Looking forward to your next posting.

Paul.

Thread: Our Wildlife and Conservation Activieties in Nambia
31/03/2018 11:59:36

My amazement at the work, both technically and volume wise done by the team Noci knows no bounds. Do you

never rest?

Thanks for sharing Joe, very, very interesting and impressive.

Paul

Thread: Motor speed control on AC motor?
25/01/2018 12:00:25

XD351. Thanks for pointing us at a source of very interesting information.

It is good to see the response of "here is how to do it" after all the can't be done statements.

Comment on the info from our electronic whizzes would be very welcome.

paul

Thread: Clamping
12/12/2017 10:24:33

Given that the bearing will require some form of protection and the apparent wall thickness around the bearing, would not a bearing protector that has screw fixing into the end wall and flanged enough for the attachment by screws to the square plate cover two requirements here.

Edited By Paul White 3 on 12/12/2017 10:25:58

Thread: Label making for tools
11/12/2017 11:33:34

Oh dear, now I have posted a response to your posting in the 12995 post. Many thanks for your very quick post, yes that was the one.

Regards

paul

Thread: Would anyone know where I can source On Off Decals?
11/12/2017 11:21:56

That's the one, extremely quick response many many thanks.

regards

paul.

Thread: Label making for tools
11/12/2017 10:00:22

Some months ago a thread was posted regarding labeling on a drilling machine.

Many of the posts contained good advice on method and drawing packages for the process. I cannot find the thread and would be most grateful for any help.

What I was looking for is a SIMPLE 2D drawing package and or the thread reference .

Many thanks

paul

Thread: PCB CNC
10/12/2017 16:54:56

John, thanks for the above info. At the present I just want a package to print labels as I do not have engraving facilities Joe kindly offered me a label making method,

Thanks for the response

paul.

10/12/2017 12:51:12

Joe, another amazing project from your stable, the construction and design are remarkable .

The labeling on your facia leads me to ask what are you using to produce it?

paul

Thread: Has anybody come across one of these
02/12/2017 09:04:59

Bazyle, not a recent acquisition, I have had it for some 20 years.

Alan, the vice ,indexing chuck and swarf tray are all items I made to use the tool. The mandrel has 2 cutters with a spacer to suite whatever across flat dimension I want to produce. In the photo. there is nothing shown in the chuck. It can of course be used with end mills.

Thanks for the responses.

Paul

Edited By Paul White 3 on 02/12/2017 09:07:31

01/12/2017 15:13:16

David, thank you, a very interesting LINK. You could well be correct in the derivation of the name.

paul.

01/12/2017 14:56:26

The latter { I think).

paul

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Advertise With Us
Ausee.com.au
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
Meridienne oct 2019
TRANSWAVE Converters
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest