By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ian Strickland 1

Here is a list of all the postings Ian Strickland 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Free 2D drawing programs
11/04/2019 18:05:04

Thanks to all who responded to my help about finding a 2D drawing program.

I have tried Solid Edge by Siemens but I found their tutorials not very helpful, in fact I couldn't really get started at all. It seems to be a very complicated program.

LibreCAD I could get to work but the tutorial seemed to be written for a slightly different version, also not all the functions worked or didn't work consistently. Also changes made to line thickness doesn't show up on the working screen only in the print preview which is not very helpful.

So what do folk think og QCAD? either the bought version or the free version.

Thanks again for all your help.

Ian Strickland

28/03/2019 17:46:52

Can anybody help me find a free 2D drawing program so I can draw engineering plans of whatever I want to make or have made, so I can email them to whom ever, say MEW for an article I want to submit?

Thread: Myford Super 7 power cross feed
04/08/2010 23:01:57
Hi,

Since my original post, I have now made a simple device that sorts this problem.

I have written it up with photos, and submitted it to David Clark, so hopefully it will be out there for anyone to use in MEW in the not too distant future.

Regards

Ian Strickland
13/07/2010 16:54:49
Hi,

Does anybody know of a mod to prevent engagement of the lead screw when using the power cross feed?

Thanks

Ian Strickland
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Ausee.com.au
ChesterUK
TRANSWAVE Converters
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Sarik
Subscription Offer

Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest