By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for dcosta

Here is a list of all the postings dcosta has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Indexes or Indices ?
18/08/2014 19:47:53

Hello John and Neil. Good afternoon.
Thank you for your help. Your information is importante for me to search for the cause of the problem.
I'll start working on the EiM_Index program as soon as I can and when I have it fixed I'll let you know in this thread.

Dias Costa

Edited By dcosta on 18/08/2014 19:48:26

17/08/2014 22:12:37

Hello all, good evening.

MEW_Index, ME_Index and EiM_Index
Is there someonelse finding the same problems related above using the Index applications and willing to let me know which one of the three applications doesn't work?
Also, if possible, let me know the steps used to run the application to help me in fiding the origin of the problem.

Thanks in adavance
Dias Costa

17/08/2014 09:39:28

Hello Neil, John. Good morning.

Would you please let me know which one of the three applications doesn't work?
Also, knowing the steps used to run the application would help me in fiding the problem.
Have you put all the downloaded files in a directory/foilder for itself?

I openned all of them and they worked as expetected.

Regards
Dias Costa

Thread: Thoughts on "build threads"
31/07/2014 00:32:46

Hello Julian, good evening.

No you are not alone...
I agree with you on all points.

Best regards
Dias Costa

Thread: What did you do today? (2014)
23/07/2014 17:17:40

Hello Raymond,

Very nice work.

Regards
Dias Costa

Thread: Optimum BF16 Vario
20/06/2014 23:41:49

Hello Tim.
PM sent.

20/06/2014 17:00:04

Hello Raymond,
please look the page 2 of the Optimum catalog **here** .

You'l find the Optimum products are made in People's Republic of China. With a great difference... I have a BF20 since 2006 and I love it.

regards
Dias Costa

Thread: Toys for Boys
24/04/2014 19:20:37

Hello Muzzer,

Please read also ***here*** about the origin of the Vernier scale. Please search for the word nonius.

Regards
Dias Costa

Edited By dcosta on 24/04/2014 19:21:01

Thread: Pottyengineering Cutter Grinder
23/03/2014 09:54:50

Hello Stewart, good morning.

After my Harold Hall's grinding rest suffered deep rust from a fire, I'm interested in to rebuild part of it.
Your draw suggests me a good replacement for the end mill sharpening fixture.
Will you, please, be so kind as to let me use your drawings drawings?

Thanks in advance
Dias Costa

Thread: Outstanding Service
21/03/2014 20:33:55

Hello all,

A few months ago I ordered from the firm Pro Machine Tools a chuck and its backplate to my EMCO Compact 8. Some time have passed and I was informed that the manufacturer of chucks TOS had delayed the deliver and was asked if I would rather get my money back. I said no and would rather wait a few more weeks.
Today I received a Bison chuck replacing the bushing TOS in perfect conditions.

I have no connection to the company other than as a satisfied customer.

Best regards
Dias Costa

Thread: Engine Demonstrator Compressor Project
10/03/2014 22:55:10

Hello Wallace, good evening.

About the Hy-Flow pump...

You could have avoided some work if you had read the message I addressed you on this thread yesterday at 21:08:03.
And I would have been a little happier for someone to recognize my contribution with some information for the matter under discussion.

Best regards
Dias Costa

09/03/2014 21:08:03

Hello Walacce, good evening.

Is this the pump you refer to? I had two of them, long time ago...

More pictures to be found ***here***
And two of them working  ***here***

Best regards
Dias Costa

Edited By dcosta on 09/03/2014 21:10:20

Thread: Harold Hall's Grinding Rest
01/02/2014 15:51:22

Hello Alan, good afternoon.

I made my end mill sharpening fixture to use Morse 2 taper collets. And made its spindle using a modified Morse taper extension socket from ArcEuro Trade (ref. 120-020-00300) **LINK** as you can see **here** .

Dias Costa

Thread: Power drive units
31/01/2014 17:55:40

Hello OMG, Terry, good after noon.

Terry: In case you need to use the index you can find and download it **HERE** .

Tom: Thank you for citing my (and from others) work. Which incidentally is not up to date.

Best regards
Dias Costa

31/01/2014 11:55:49

Hello Terry, good morning.

You can also see **HERE**.

Best regards
Dias Costa

Thread: Machining Cork
29/01/2014 17:42:05

Hello Allen.

I'm Portuguese and, as you may know, Portugal is the main producer of cork. Long ago I saw a movie showing a machine cutting bottle corks and as far as I can recall the tube like knife was rotating. In the movie **HERE** you'll see a working machine cutting bottle corks. The rotating movement is not clear. However you can see in the specifications table of a cutting bottle corks machine **HERE** there is a r.p.m. of " Velocidade das facas 1400 r.p.m." meaning knifes speed of 1400rpm. As I remember the knifes look very much like hollow punches.

Best regards
Dias Costa

Thread: Fitting DROs to small mill
18/01/2014 00:18:06

Hello Bob, good morning.

I also bought my scales from ArcEuro Trade (the kind with remote display) and cut them with a small PROXXON angle grinder.
They work very well.

Best regards
Dias Costa

Thread: Cutting a wedge
14/01/2014 22:48:08

Hello Chris, good evening.

Perhaps this information doesn't answer your question, but even so, I dare to post it because it might interest some participant in the forum.

When I was a kid, in the early 60s, I could see granite blocks being cut in a quarry forcing, with a large steel hammer,
a set of bulky wooden wedges in a row of shallow holes. Those wedges were then wet, which increased their volume, so forcing the granite block to separate from the large mother rock.

Hope this has interest to someone...

Best regards
Dias Costa

Thread: Avast threat warning
11/01/2014 18:16:45

Hello Roy, good afternoon.

I've just read that file and my antivirus (AVIRA) find everything is OK.
Perhaps protection software in your machine has registered that file as a menace. If so, perhaps you have to remove references to that file in your protection software (antivirus?).

Hope this helps.

Dias Costa

Thread: Other uses of common tools
03/01/2014 16:07:45

Hello Graham Warton.

In Portugal we call the adjustable spanner "chave Inglesa" meaning english spanner. And if you use Google translate from English to Portuguese that's what you'll find.
Also if you use Google translate to translate "adjustable spanner" to German the result will be "verstellbarer Schraubenschlüssel". The retrotranslation gives you back the "adjustable spanner".

Best regards
Dias Costa

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric Engineering
ChesterUK
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowbells
TRANSWAVE Converters
Meridienne oct 2019
Warco
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest