By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for dcosta

Here is a list of all the postings dcosta has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Lathe shocks
02/08/2015 19:20:46

Hello Nitai,

Look ***HERE***, please. Maybe a traveler adaptor like this prevents scrificing the plug...

WA-14 Travel Plug Adapter for Israel, Palestine ("Type H" SI 32, Round Pins)

Dias Costa

Thread: Universal bender
11/07/2015 23:14:03

Hello all,

Does anyone know if I can make a hook like the one in the picture with the Universal bender in **arceurotrade** ?

Diameters are 10mm and 25mm.
Material stainless steel 3mm.

Thanks in advance
Dias Costa

Edited By dcosta on 11/07/2015 23:17:27

Thread: ratchet press
10/06/2015 12:15:06
Hello,

I saw presses like the one in the previous post, used to close / open floodgates of small dams for irrigation of crop fields.

regards
Dias Costa
Thread: What did you do today (2015)
06/05/2015 11:35:54

Hello Michael Cox.

Thank you for your help.
Had no luck with Continente.

Best regards
Dias Costa

04/05/2015 23:53:27

Hello Michael Cox.

I'm portuguese and live in the Lisbon area.
Will you, please, let me know if you bought the "nearly the same Ice stick trays" in the Lisbon area? And if so, the name of the shop?

Thanks in advance
Dias Costa

Thread: Steam motorbike anyone?
15/04/2015 11:31:13

Hello.
In the northern Portugal, Barcelos, steam motor bike ***HERE*** and ***HERE*** .
The same gentleman with his steam motor bike near my home ***HERE***.

Regards
Dias Costa

Thread: Simple way to control nema stepper motor
17/03/2015 21:11:48

Hello Ray,
You can find **HERE** a Stepper Motor Driver.
I use one of those to control the table in my BF20 Milling Machine. See **HERE** .

Regards
Dias Costa

Thread: A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
25/12/2014 03:59:57

Dear all folks!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Dias Costa in Portugal.

Thread: Colin Usher's Index is back up to date
19/10/2014 16:26:20

Hello John,
Hello Neil and all,

To John: You are welcomed.

To Neil: Thank you for calling the attention to the import feature of MEW_INdexes.

To all: The MEW_Indexes has a feature that may be of interest to some which is: In each record/article you can add your own notes so augmenting the utility of the application. If you use these feature please follow the way suggested by Neil in his previous message to update the database.
Also would like to draw your attention to another feature which may be of interest to you: in the "Query the MEW Index" option, you can make queries using multiple combined criteria (with AND or OR operator) which you can not do in a PDF file. Meaning that, by example, you can search for certain article from a given author in a specific year and having some keyword.

Best regards
Dias Costa

18/10/2014 21:51:17

Hello John, good evening!

You don't need to add or load the Neil's file to the application if you have downloaded it after today 02:00AM.
However if you haven't downloaded it after that moment and want to load the file instead of downloading the complete MEW_Indexes application, you can download the file from the Meil's site and follow the instructions in the MEW_Indexes_help.htm file.

Hope I was clear and of some help
Dias Costa

18/10/2014 15:04:21

Hello Ady, good afternoon.

Ady: Any chance of making the database data downloads csv or text format?

DC: You can download the Excel format file from the ***URL*** provided by Neil, open it with Excel (I prefer to use LibreOffice Calc) and finally export the data as CSV file.

Best regards
Dias Costa

Edited By dcosta on 18/10/2014 15:08:47

18/10/2014 10:34:26

Hello All,

Neil: Thank you for making the file available. It also worked for me, directly.

All: I've just made available the MEW_Indexes with the new file made available by Neil covering to the 222 issue. You cand download it from ***LINK***.
If you want download the ME_Indexes or EiM_Indexes you can do it ***HERE***.

Michael Gilligan: My application doesn't have the 'Bells & Whistles" you don't like in Access and goes directly to the "subject".

Best regards
Dias Costa

Thread: Making use of old Lithium batteries
15/09/2014 18:32:28

Hello all,

You can see ***HERE*** some consequences of a Lithium Ion battery explosion in my garage/workshop.

Dias Costa

Thread: Suggestions/ideas for projects
09/09/2014 22:20:46

Hello John,

John: Interesting solution, but it looks like the bamboo curtain doesn't roll up out of the way, does it?

DC: Yes it does. Both extremes (uppermost and lowermost) are attached to the same screw holes where the original bellows was. So the bamboo curtain works in the same manner as the original bellows.

Dias Costa

09/09/2014 20:44:03

Hello John, good evening.

See **LINK** , please.

Dias Costa

Thread: Indexes or Indices ?
09/09/2014 19:20:07

Hello Neil, John, Vic, All

Finally the application EiM_Indexes is working as expected.
I am especially grateful to Mr Neil Wyatt with whom I exchanged correspondence and helped me find the cause of the error.
Anyone interested can find the MEW_Indexes, ME_INdexes EiM_Indexes applications and the usual address:
**LINK**

Best regards
Dias Costa

03/09/2014 22:59:02

Hello Neil, John, Others, good evening.

Now I found the cause of the problem ant it's corrected now. I hard coded an address in a disc as the place for a database file. Now that address it's dynamic.

Please try again and let me know the result.

Thanks in advance
Dias Costa

03/09/2014 20:52:32

Hello John, Neil, Vic.

Thank you for your intereste in the application and help.

Neil, John:
can you, please, let me know if you installed all the files of the EiM_Indexes application in a directory/folder for itself alone before testing?

Thanks in adavance
Dias Costa

03/09/2014 16:59:47

Hello John and Neil.

Neil: it's hard to track down a fault you can't see.
DC: Yes you are right. And a long time passed since I made the programm.

Haved you by any chance made some change on the data in the form "Cross issue by date (Maintenance)" or used the option "Import from an Excel file"?

Couldn't find, yet, the cause of the problem.
Meanwhile I've put in my site a EiM_Index ziped file with new data base file.

Please download it, try it, and let me know what happens.

Thanks in advance
Dias Costa

21/08/2014 17:25:36

Hello John and Neil.

I have made ​​small attempts to find the cause of the problem but have not had success so far.
There is, however, one thing that I remembered: during the construction of the program, in testing, that message was presented to me a few times and at that time I found that the problem was a result of the data structure used which is more complex than those used by MEW_Index and also by ME_Index.
I hope to during the next week-end to solve the problem and release a new version of the program.

Almost forgot to say that here, at home, the program works without sending the message.

Thanks for your patience.
Dias Costa

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Warco
Meridienne oct 2019
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
ChesterUK
Ausee.com.au
TRANSWAVE Converters
cowbells
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest