By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for dcosta

Here is a list of all the postings dcosta has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Electronic Lead Screw Project
21/01/2020 14:55:50

Phil,

Thank you for your help and for the offer, which I accept, to 3D print a lid for the metal box I am going to buy.

If the box you use is right for you, it will also be good for me. So, in order for me to buy the box, please tell me the address on Ebay where you bought yours.
So, if my "LED and key buttyons" is the same as yours, the dimension issue will be overcome.

I bought the LED and key buttons that I have here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392211641011
At this address you will find an image with some measurements of it.

Did you use any cover for the buttons, as Clough and Jason did, or did you leave them in plain view coming out of the holes?

Thanks
Dias Costa

21/01/2020 14:51:28

Jason,

Thanks for your help.
I didn't know about the existence of that material for making labels. It will surely be of use to me.
Thanks for the information.
Could you please tell me if you made the green cover for the buttons or if you got them in another way?
And if you bought them, can you tell me where?

Thanks in advance
Dias Costa

17/01/2020 21:21:40

Jason,

Thanks for the help and information on where I can buy the display case.
Since I don't have a 3D printer and my milling machine is not a CNC, I won't be able to do a decent job of drilling the holes and engraving the words on the box lid so that it looks good and essentially functional.
I can see in your work that the holes and writing on the lid of the box was very well done. Could you please tell me if it was your job or if there is any way to buy it?
If I can't buy the box ready made, I'll have to look for some other solution that will never be as perfect and functional as yours.

Best Regards
Dias Costa

Thread: Online ME index
17/01/2020 14:58:33

Hello Doreen,

Perhaps you can try to download **FROM HERE** and search the information you are looking for.
I'm not sure it is there, but you can try.

Dias Costa

Edited By dcosta on 17/01/2020 15:25:31

Thread: Electronic Lead Screw Project
17/01/2020 14:40:31

Hello everyone.

Upon arrival of the "LED and key display", by my mistake, I "burned" the board F280049C. No longer lit LED1 and LED3 and no smoke was produced.
Before the error, it seemed to be working fine showing information on the display.
The error could have been one of two:
a - having powered the USB port from a bad power source or,
b - trying to use stepp motor driver TB6560 i may have made the wrong connections.

Then I ordered another board that has arrived and it works.

Now I have some questions:
1 - In the "LED and key display" the button S1 is not used? I searched the Claugh42 movies and found no answer.
2 - I have used the stepp motor driver TB6560 for other purposes.
Can I use it temporarily in assembly? Has anyone tried it?
3 - I do not have a 3D printer to make the box for the display. Does anyone know where I can buy one that suits the purpose?

Best regards,

Dias Costa

30/12/2019 21:43:18

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your help.

Phil: As far as I know this wouldn't work with this display without changes to the code, the structure of the display is completely different to the key n LED display, not sure about the interface without reading the spec's.
DC: I will wait for the arrival of the Led and key display.

Dias Costa

30/12/2019 21:35:35

Hi Zan,

Thanks for your help.

Zan: My led and key board came in two days so why risk it?
DC: I hope the one I ordered takes only two days to arrive ... Usually it takes longer.

Zan: Have you got the stepper turning?
DC: I haven't reached that stage yet.

Dias Costa

30/12/2019 17:15:49

Hi Phil,

I already flashed the TI board but because I don't have the display (which I already ordered), I couldn't see the output. There were no error messages, but I would be more confident if I could see any output ...
Can I use an "LCD Display and Keypad Shield" for Arduino?
If so, which pins to use in the shield?

The Arduino shield, identical to mine, can be viewed here: https://www.osepp.com/electronic-modules/shields/45-16-2-lcd-display-keypad-shield

Thanks in advance
Dias Costa

29/12/2019 19:46:50

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your help.
I've tested the board and as far as I can understand it works well. The voltages are correct and once mounted on the TI board, the power already reaches LED1 and LED3.

It happened to me the same as to Zan ("the display connector pins projection under the board fouls and shorts into one of the small jumpers on the board if it's pushed fully home", but tomorrow I will cut the pin concerned so that the assembly stay robust.

If it wasn't for Zan's message I would still not be aware of the problem, because I don't have the display yet so I can understand what's going on...

For those who have not yet assembled the board and since the terminal block once assembled covers some of the information printed on the board, it may be a good idea to take note of that information before mounting for ease of use.

Dias Costa

28/12/2019 19:08:04

Hi Phil,

just finished assembling the components on the board and I don't think I made any mistakes.
However, if possible, I would like to test the assembly before moving on. Can you, please, tell me if there are any tests I can do to make sure I haven't screwed up?

Thanks in advance
Dias Costa

Edited By dcosta on 28/12/2019 19:10:00

Thread: Interface PCB for the ELS project
23/11/2019 23:10:32

Hello Phil, good evening.

Components arrived safely in yesterday’s Post.
Thank you Phil.

Best regards
Dias Costa

19/11/2019 20:54:39

Hello Phil,

I agree with Zan. Please do so.

Dias Costa

04/11/2019 00:20:47

Hello Phill,

I'm sorry Phil, my message dated 03-11-2019 should have been written as follows:
Yes, please, I'm interested in the component set.

Best regards
Dias Costa

03/11/2019 12:56:56

Hello Phill,

Not yet! Friday was holiday here. Perhaps will arrive tomorrow
Thank you for your care.

Dias C

03/11/2019 10:25:58

Hello Phill, Good morning.

I'm interested in the kit of parts.
Thank you.

Regards
Dias Costa

25/10/2019 22:56:53

Hi Phill,
I am portuguese and I live in Portugal.
If you still have an available PCB I would like to have it.
If there is such a possibility I do not know how I can pay you for the board and all expenses. Will it be possible through PayPal?

Best Regards
Dias Costa

Thread: What is this called?
12/10/2019 11:25:13

Hi Iain, good morning.

You cant try ***HERE***
Withou looking further I found a variation.

For searching I used "window keeps GU" , being GU one maker of PVK keeps.

Regards
Dias Costa

Edited By dcosta on 12/10/2019 11:32:06

Thread: Electric Cars
14/07/2019 00:53:00

Hi,
Autonomous vehicle?
See **HERE** please.

Link: https://www.translatetheweb.com/?from=pt&to=en&refd=www.translatetheweb.com&dl=en&rr=UC&a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.portugalms.com%2fcascais-ja-tem-um-veiculo-autonomo-mas-quer-ter-doze%2f

Regards
Dias Costa

12/07/2019 22:55:14

Hello Clive,

In Portugal there is also lithium.
See **HERE** please.

Regards
Dias Costa

Thread: MEW 283 Electronic Leadscrew link
12/07/2019 16:12:36

Hello Dave,

I'm interested in building an ELS for my EMCO Compact 8 lathe, so I started looking for an incremental rotary encoder that can be used in the project.
As I just know - from what you wrote in your post - that the rpm must be at least 4000 - I searched and found a rotary encoder **HERE**
Could you please tell me if, in your opinion, his specifications are compatible with my objective?

Grateful
Dias Costa

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric July 5 2018
ChesterUK
cowells
Warco
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest