By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for PETER AYERS

Here is a list of all the postings PETER AYERS has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Adverts
22/04/2013 10:10:30

I have tried the things mentioned but I still cannot read some postings on the site. I am using Windows 7 home edition premium and am using internet explorer but I do not know what version (7-8-9).

Peter

17/04/2013 11:56:48

Hi David

I cannot re3ad the top few posts on this page because of the adverts. I have tied the compatibility mode but it makes no differance. Why have the management given others the right to edit my postings and comments? I thought that 1984 had gone

Peter

15/04/2013 16:47:08

Hi can any body tell me how to get rid of the adverts on thne RH side of the page? I try to look at several postings and they seem to spread right across the page, and a strip of adverts blocks half the text. I spoke to Diane about it and she suggested it my be the version of internet explorer I am using. Can anybody help please, as I cannot carry on using the forum?

Thanks Peter

Thread: steam brake cylinder
05/05/2012 17:51:10

Hi Simon I think you will find the Princess of Wales was deseigned by Martin Evans but it is a lovely loco. As others have said the steam cylinder should be anchored to obtain purchase on the brake gear.

peter

Thread: Black Five, Jinty or 4F - 3" or 5" gauge - for a Beginner?
04/03/2012 12:03:29

Hi Brian

Try polly engineering for the cast iron cylinder block for the Q1 . It isa a solid block of cast iron with 2 cored holes, not very dear and I think could be used with the 2P.

Good luck

Peter

24/02/2012 12:39:12

Hi Brian

Dont worry about the 3mm steel it's only 8 thou smaller than 3 mm just keep the internal ditance between frames as the drawing. My 5 inch Stirling only has 3 mm frames and they seem ok. By the way 3/32 inch is near enough 2.5 mm.

Good luck with the build

Peter

24/02/2012 12:39:04

Hi Brian

Dont worry about the 3mm steel it's only 8 thou smaller than 3 mm just keep the internal ditance between frames as the drawing. My 5 inch Stirling only has 3 mm frames and they seem ok. By the way 3/32 inch is near enough 2.5 mm.

Good luck with the build

Peter

10/02/2012 16:45:52

HI BRIAN
A MEMBER OF THE CLUB I BELONGED TO IN THE WEST COUNTRY HAD A PRNCESS MARINA AND IT WAS A VERY NICE MODEL,GOOD STEAMER AND HANDLED LOADS ON OUR PORTABLE TRACK OK.
CHEERS
PETER
31/01/2012 16:10:39

Why not try Don Young's 4F and do what I did with my first loco. I built the tender first, it gives you experiance of making frames, axle boxes and wheels etc.
Peter A
Thread: LBSC Locomotives
24/12/2011 16:22:16

Hi Stick
Thanks. That's just what I wanted
Peter
23/12/2011 10:00:55

Hi Folks
Seasons Greetings. Can anybody tell me where I can obtain a photograph of LBSC's locomotive "TUGBOAT ANNIE" ?
Thanks Peter
Thread: ME Forum
09/12/2011 11:47:54

Seems to work ok here in Normandy although at odd timmes when the net is really busy it can drag it's feet a bit
Peter
Thread: Clarkson Stirling Single 3.5"
30/11/2011 15:53:53

Hi John
I am based in Tincebray Normandy, a long way from the Auge
Peter
26/11/2011 14:44:30

Hi John
The dates of the Martin Evans Stirling articles are 2cnd August 1985 until and including the 7th November 1986.
Good luck and I hope you decide to build it. If you do keep in touch,as I am in France and do not have any model engineers to talk to about problems.
Peter
Thread: LBSC Locomotive designs
26/11/2011 10:44:34

Hi David
I meant can you repeat some or all of them for newcomers and old timers benefit.
Regards
Peter
25/11/2011 17:25:50

Hi David
Great to read the "Rodean" series as LBSC is always good to read. Would it be possible to reprint his " Lobby Chats" as they always contained some good tips
Regards
Peter A
Thread: Clarkson Stirling Single 3.5"
25/11/2011 16:57:51

Hi Bob
Martin Evans did a series in the ME some time ago on the Stirling 2-2-2 single, and I know Blackgates does the ex Dave Goodwin castings for it. They also made me a very nice set of flanged boiler plates for it. I am building one myself and can give you the start and finish dates of the MEs you will require. good luck and let me know how you get on
Peter A
Thread: Bristol Show
24/10/2011 16:36:04
Please could someone tell me the name of the adhesive/sealer that Nick Feast used to construct his tender, and also where I can buy it . I live in France and get all my materials from the UK by phone or on line.
Thanks Peter A

Thread: Countrymans steam part 3
08/06/2011 15:21:30

What is MEB? it is a magazine I have not heard of
and I have been taking ME for over 30 years, and EIM for over 20.
Thread: The end of IMLEC
14/05/2011 16:53:50

I agre with the rule that a winner is allowed to defend the following year with the same loco an d then that loco be excluded for a set time. The same situation occured in the Isle of Man in the fifties with the clubmans TT the BSA Gold Star won year after year and in the end the ACU stopped the races to everyones loss. I hope this does not happen to IMLEC.
Peter A
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Meridienne Sept 2019
Eccentric July 5 2018
Ausee.com.au
Warco
TRANSWAVE Converters
Eccentric Engineering
ChesterUK
Allendale Electronics
Sarik
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest