By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for JOHN KNIGHT

Here is a list of all the postings JOHN KNIGHT has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Need a lot of help from you good people
19/08/2019 19:46:33

Connecting the leads to a battery is ok, but the "regulator" will need to be moved to the run position. Apolgies if i'm stating the obvious.

John

Thread: Help a beautiful lady
20/05/2019 09:10:44

Medissa shoes. Liversedge do a wide range of shoes in uncommon sizes. They don,t list AAA but may be able to help. Full details from their web site.

John

Thread: Shop vac recommendations please
27/06/2017 17:49:55

For many years I had an "Earlex" which worked well, when it dies I bought a " Karcher", which is awfull!. The main problem is that the Karcher has a pleated filter element which gets clogged very easily. The Earlex and similar models have a bag filter which the dust tends to fall of,f and therefore not clog.

John

Thread: screwmez app
09/09/2016 07:10:37

I have tried to use both "screwmez" and the gear calculator, When I try to run them a box comes up saying I don't have permission, then my anti virus (Panda) says it is a dangerous program and removes it. My computer knowledge is very limited so to me, the programs are useless. I am using Windows 7.

John

Thread: Drummond round bed
04/01/2016 09:53:19

Hi Anthony, I have sent you a PM.

John

02/01/2016 16:08:20

Hi Anthony, I may well have some lurking in the garage. Give me a couple of days and I will seache them out.

Regards

John

Thread: drill speed reducer
09/12/2014 13:26:02

I tried to use a speed reducer in conjunction with a pillar drill and a 50mm hole saw. I found that I could not hold the outer of the reducer - hence no drive to the hole saw.

regards

John

Thread: Linisher Belts
01/12/2014 12:50:22

David,

I have the same linisher, and have got 915 x 100 belts from Axminster, and cut them in half. It is a simple task to divide the width into two by cutting on the inside using a "Stanley" knife or similar. I made a simple jig to act as a guide. Even if not very neatly cut, they still work. I have found that if heavily scored, the belt wil break apart, but that may depend on the grade of belt. Whether the Axminster belts are strictly "metal cutting" I don't know, but I have found them satisfactory. There may well be other suppliers.

Regards

John

Thread: cz metal bender
01/11/2014 11:44:02

Axminster sell a "metal bender" which looks identical.

John

Thread: Log-antilog table booklet
01/10/2014 08:51:31

Tony,

I have a scruffy set of 5 figure log tables, been sitting on ny bookshelf since I left collegemany years ago. If they are of use to you, let me have your address.

Regards

John

Thread: Cutting a SRBF gear
15/08/2014 21:03:09

Gentelmen,

When time allows I have to cut a 16DP gear in SRBF. So far I have failed to find any useful information on the cutting speed that should be used and tool geometry. Should the tooth be cut in one pass? Any advice please.

Regards

John

Thread: Spacing of buttons for making involute cutters
04/03/2014 07:49:09

Thankyou to all who replied to my question. In less than 24 hrs I have the information from several sources. All I have to do now is make a cutter, then a gear.

Regards

John

03/03/2014 18:20:27

Gentelmen (and Ladies)

I am about to try making a replacement gear (16DP 14.5deg PA 56 teeth) and need first to make a suitable cutter. I have read Ivan Laws book, and obtained an excel spread sheet giving sizes for the buttons and their spacing for 14.5 deg, from a kind Gent via the internet. However in a quest to actually understand what I am doing, I would like to know how the button cutter spacing and infeed is derived. I can work out the size of the button cutters, but the spacing and infeed have eluded me. Can anyone enlighten me please?

Regards

John

Thread: What am I?
27/12/2013 16:15:40

The chuck is tightened by the front collar holds and the tap shank. The square of the tap shank fits into what may be described as a vice, tightened by the allen key socket, marked "open", and stops the tap rotating in the chuck. The "vice" is self centreing. I have one of these devices and it works well. particularly on the larger taps, just make sure that the morse taper is a good fit in the tailstock. I have not found it necessary to use the C spanner, hand tight seems to be sufficient.

Regards

John

Thread: Skilled hobbyist lathe turners help required
17/02/2012 19:07:25

may be able to help, sent you a personal message

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Eccentric Engineering
Eccentric July 5 2018
Dreweatts
cowells
Rapid RC
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest