By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for anchorman

Here is a list of all the postings anchorman has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Building Stand
27/09/2020 10:22:51

Does anyone know where I can obtain plans for a building stand ,so that I can rotate a 3 1/2" loco easily

Thanks

Thread: scam emails
21/08/2019 15:19:06

I just thought I'd let the forum know of a email scam I've just received supposedly from the BBC licencing department. They say my last direct debit has not gone through and I must set up a new one .They even say that my licence may be cancelled if I do not renew (chance would be a fine thing ) it was sent by someone @columboworld.com (not very original ) and they spelled it License and further down Licence . Just thought I'd let everone aware

Thread: Heavy Lifting
02/04/2018 19:00:01

How do people move and store ,heavy models and equipment around the workshop and into any transport they use for transporting large models .

Thread: Display Cases
15/11/2016 11:16:59

JA

If you visit the web site www.sorashowcases.com it shows the cases far better than I can

regards Anchorman

15/11/2016 10:29:40

I'd like to say from the outset that I have no connection with the following company other than as a satisfied customer .If anyone wants a display case at a resonable price, then I can recommend a German company, Sora-Shop. web site www.sorashowcases.com .I wanted a case to display my Stuart Triple .I sent them the measurements and the web site gives you an instant price including p&p to the UK .It came as a kit about a week later via courier and in less than half an hour was displaying my model on the shelf ,very satisfied .

Thread: Band saw running off true
24/04/2015 11:13:53

I have an old 4 1/2" metal cutting bandsaw which has suddenly started running off true.

I tried to cut a 1/2" square piece of mild steel and noticed that it had cut about 45degrees out of true, does anyone know why this has suddenly started to happen . The blade is tight and the guide rollers are as near to the cut as I can get them .

Thread: boxford model aud
13/06/2013 18:19:12

Thanks for the replies .I think I may have traced it to the segmented belt which may be slipping because I replaced the V belt and the motor always seems to run at the same speed no matter what the spindle speed is.

13/06/2013 18:16:06
Posted by anchorman on 24/02/2013 11:28:59:

I have an old ( around late 60's) Boxford model AUD . All through the winter it has run very slowly , I've put this down to the workshop being very cold overnight and the grease in the headstock slowing things down as it gets thicker . I seem to think the same thing happened last year but can't be sure.could it be the cold, or could it be the motor getting tired . Iv'e tried warming it up ,but with it being such a high mass it dose not seem to work.

24/02/2013 11:28:59

I have an old ( around late 60's) Boxford model AUD . All through the winter it has run very slowly , I've put this down to the workshop being very cold overnight and the grease in the headstock slowing things down as it gets thicker . I seem to think the same thing happened last year but can't be sure.could it be the cold, or could it be the motor getting tired . Iv'e tried warming it up ,but with it being such a high mass it dose not seem to work.

Thread: Doris
20/01/2010 14:23:24
Does anyone know where I can get the instructions for Doris By L.B.S.C.
I know they were published in "Model Engineer " around 1948 but I have never seen a book published for this model

Colin Fox
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
cowells
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
EngineDIY
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest