By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for NUFCBernie

Here is a list of all the postings NUFCBernie has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: High Paint Costs
15/10/2019 18:55:55

a lot of good comments and no wild stuff.

I work for a paint manufacturer (not dulux) and it is true you get what you pay for, and some of the stuff is damm expensive due to the R&D and investment in new products and materials used in it to be more eco friendly, a classic example of the acrylic paints now supplied, not as brilliant white as solvent on inital application but it stays whiter for longer whilst the other will yellow over time.

I think i can say 'what is it you need to do with the wood?', i.e. will it be indoors, in the dry, in the damp, outside abused or ornamental. You can use as mentioned above old emulsion leftovers and do work well for a lot of my stuff where i just use to protect it and then paint over with chosen end product. If you want it to last and be outside then some of the wood products available are really good, and they can be a good value as you can go to large chain DIY who will always have offers on for one company or another and lot if it these days comes down to brand loyalty.

just a 2p if it helps

Thread: EN24T
06/09/2019 10:21:39

It is for a slightly scaled up version of steve hucks V8

Bernie

05/09/2019 17:18:39

I am getting some bar stock of EN24T to practise with to make a camshaft from it.

On a dbv8s (12mm) could someone point me to a good tool choice for this please.

I have seen teh speed and feed recommendations from a previous post so should be ok there

many thanks

Bernie

Thread: Floor Paint
05/09/2019 17:15:29

Neil

How a bout a scrubbable matt paint, i know its for the walls but might do you as its pretty damm resiliant, its water based and you can tint it to an awful lot of colours.

Not sure what happened to my first reply

Bernie

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Ausee.com.au
ChesterUK
cowells
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest