By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Robin Salmon

Here is a list of all the postings Robin Salmon has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Boxford model c?
29/11/2021 20:30:12

Thanks guys

29/11/2021 12:30:35

Does anyone know the best place to get belts for my model c rear drive Boxford lathe. Ajax,'s video of his is the sort I'm after. Also size and profile would be of help. Thanks Rob.

19/11/2021 19:30:00

Hi chaps, thanks for all the idea's and suggestions. Good video.

Got plenty of ideas to get on with, thanks for your time

Cheers Rob.

18/11/2021 11:54:55

Hi chaps, the Boxford is coming along nice, just enquiring as to whether anyone has the same problem. I have a very early model c with a motor and counter shaft on the same platform tensioned by a lever and shaft running under the headstock. ( see dia GA above). I have had it all apart and cleaned, lubricated etc. The problem is that when the mc runs the tensioner lever has a tenancy to undo and slacken the belt. I cannot see any means of stopping it, anyone else come across the same thing or any ideas for a quick fix., cheers Rob.

25/10/2021 10:17:46

That's the very thing. Appreciate that Nick, I can see the fixing screw is located from the bottom, nothing like making it easy!

Clive, mine is obviously an earlier one than the one you had details for, but thanks for your advice.

Regards Rob

24/10/2021 17:24:36

Hi folks, back again. My model A Boxford ( imperial screwcutting gearbox) lathe is in the process of behind stripped and lubricated etc. My lathe is rear driven and the tensioner for the rear pulley is under the gearbox. I have removed the motor / rear pulley cradle but I am struggling to remove the tensioner shaft. I cannot see any screws holding the shaft in place nor can I see how the knurled nut with the the round c spanner type holes and fixing screw is held in place . Is there a screw under the headstock in the casting?. If anyone knows I would appreciate the advice. Cheers Rob.

30/09/2021 10:52:50

Thank you all for the replies and advice, attachments etc. The lathe is apparently a model A, it has an imperial screw cutting gearbox on it. The diagram is a great help Nick, I can see its just a screw adjustment as you predicted. That's this weekends challenge. Many thanks Rob. Ps. Great site.

29/09/2021 10:57:26

Hi, new here so please bear with me. I have just acquired a Boxford lathe, rear drive, powered cross slide. Model c?. Everything seems to work. I am in the process of cleaning, lubricating and setting it up square level etc. I have purchased , know your lathe, however I can't find any information on the rear pulley set up. The double pulley and the 4 pulley are not fixed as I thought they would be and have play of about 20 degrees (guessing) between them. I have not looked to see if it's a key or screw fixing but wondered if anyone knows, should both pulleys be securely fixed with no rotation between the two. Many thanks Rob

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
JD Metals
walker midge
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
emcomachinetools
cowells
rapid Direct
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest