By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mark Hollis

Here is a list of all the postings Mark Hollis has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Can anyone help
08/06/2021 18:35:28

054236a0-8355-42b8-82bb-b6cb86fe843f.jpegce093cc9-6b55-4482-8d84-03a070fac714.jpeg8ba701c1-6b5d-4292-bc36-a47acd47d4a8.jpegThank you for the help so far. As requested here are some photos of the setup I have

07/06/2021 23:11:15

Thank you for the reply

07/06/2021 22:14:55

Thank you for the reply Chris, I will definitely look into that

07/06/2021 21:40:28

Emgee

I have a QCTP

07/06/2021 20:36:39

Evening all, I have a Fortis lathe which recently purchased. I would ideally like another tool holder and a parting off tool. Can anyone advise me what would fit this as there seem to be a lot of different ones out there, unless I’m just showing my newbie greenness!

thanks Mark

Thread: New member from Cornwall
01/06/2021 18:49:55

Thank you all for the welcome. Mike I am not too sure yet, general experience first I thin but my other half has a market stall in Par which she keeps asking me to make things for, mainly model motorcycles and the likes.

I’ve also been asked for model railway components from a neighbour but not sure what he wants exactly.

‘Tis definitely proper Bill & I’ll get there Dreckly I’m sure.

It’s handy to know others have a Fortis too Bazyle, hopefully I’ll be able to get some useful tips along the way.

cheers n gone now

31/05/2021 22:27:25

Good evening all, my name is Mark and I have recently purchased a Fortis lathe. I have been in the motor trade for years and always wanted a lathe. Fate had it that I bought a Fortis lathe from Devon & found out afterwards it was built in Truro.

I’m sure I will be asking advise when I get into it and have purchased a manual off the site already.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Dreweatts
Rapid RC
cowells
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest