By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Joshua Kempster

Here is a list of all the postings Joshua Kempster has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What lathe
23/01/2021 10:59:12

Yeah your right I apologise for the posts I jus got stressed out because a few people jumped on me over the fault machines. I came on here the get some advice of some proper craftsman an engineers as iv seen some of the work created. With regards to the legality of me making custom parts for sub 12lb air rifles I can assure you I am completely in my legal rights to do this but anyway I do apologise an I would like to learn from the Group an start again

23/01/2021 10:06:07

I was using tpi on the myford mate

23/01/2021 09:46:21

I don’t get why you can’t understand that the lead screw was moving when I moved the the carriage that was the reason it was double threaded I’m not guessing this it is a fact

23/01/2021 09:42:04

1/2” x20 unf for the Barrel but 1.5 pitch for the 2 end caps I use a tap for the barrel

22/01/2021 20:27:55

Look pal I totally agree with what your saying and yes I am inexperienced but if I’m saying there was a fault with the motor an it took out the board that’s what happened an the second machine had a bad lead screw an yes it wasn’t very good running at low speeds hence why I sent it back for something more suitable. But if I could produce good work on the old myford then I’d expect to be able to on the newer machine. With regards to the back and forth it’s obvious it’s not a forum for me

22/01/2021 20:00:16

Mate I know what a thread dial is pal ******************

Edited By SillyOldDuffer on 22/01/2021 20:22:20

22/01/2021 19:27:12

An to the decent people on here I apologise for my language

22/01/2021 19:17:18

Look I came on here to tap into people’s knowledge but instead got told that I obviously caused the problems I was having so sort your selfs out an stop being **** that’s it. Obviously I am pretty new to this but one thing I do know is them machines were not fit for purpose so get over your little complex the second Machine was still running when returned ****************

Edited By SillyOldDuffer on 22/01/2021 20:24:19

22/01/2021 18:54:45

Go on mate you know best load of know it all’s on here I take it shouldn’t have bothered lol the 2 db8vs where defective lol it’s a well documented problem on this forum that’s why I joined but never mind bunch off geeks

22/01/2021 18:41:23

No mate there was play in the actual lead screw itself I don’t reverse the machine I pull it bk to my original scratch cut with the tail stock used as a stop to ensure good position

22/01/2021 18:25:23

Fair point apology’s

22/01/2021 17:54:48

An not to mention the lead screw had in unadjustable play it an would double thread the work. Great service from Chester but bad experience with them 2 particular machines

22/01/2021 17:51:03

I was doing light cuts on Aluminium 1.5 pitch screw cuts for air rifle silencers no way a £1200 machine shouldn’t be able to handle that the myford dispute it’s problems was all over it an could perform this task effectively

22/01/2021 16:43:31

To be honest I’m after a solid machine with a gearbox for screw cutting probably on 3phase any recommendations?

Thread: Running a 3phase at home
22/01/2021 14:59:38

Another newbie one here any tips on getting a boxford 3phase machine running at home thanks

Thread: What lathe
22/01/2021 14:18:29

Hi quick question, I bought a myford ml7 to make up some air rifle silencers an dispute it being a well built quality machine I soon found myself on speed dial to myford ordering parts for a restoration project as I like things right, I soon got sick of waiting for parts to turn up to find I needed something else so I sold it on an decided to buy a Chester db8vs as it looked to suit my needs. Well first one I got went pop an took the motor an board out an the second one I received had a botched lead screw an a faulty motor that would start smoking while I was screw cutting. So my question is what would I be best putting my money into for a good machine? Boxford Colchester?

Thread: Hi hope your ready for all the newbie questions lol
22/01/2021 13:51:33

Hi just got into lathes enjoying it but had a lot of ups an downs with equipment so looking for some experienced peeps to help with my new hobbie lol

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
cowells
Eccentric July 5 2018
emcomachinetools
Warco
ChesterUK
JD Metals
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest